The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Aimee's extraordinarily lovely vacation...

And before I get to it, I'd like to say that blogger isn't being at all nice tonight. Asses. In case you're curious, my unbiased opinion this night is that blogger blows. For real. To hell with their upload fuction for photos, who needs it? Not I. Blah. And that, ladies and gents, concludes the entertainment portion this evening, alrighty then, moving on...

For one reason or another, I neglected to mention where it was I was going for vacation before I actually went, so, for those who're wondering, I went west to this enchanting little city named Chico in Northern California. Where, after arriving, I mercilessly and without shame, pestered Evan for an entire week. And he was such a good sport about it too, never once complaining about all the time and energy he had to put in to entertaining me (LOL). But, in all seriousness, he is incredibly wonderful and special and I love him dearly.



So, what'd we do? Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Heh. Just kidding. Actually, we just hung out with each other really.

Let's see, Evan (who will from here on out be referred to as "He") took me out to eat at this neat little place where you build your own teriyaki bowl and his 'lil one, Rael, made a mess with rice and it was so incredibly adorable.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


He took Lash, Aeia, Rael (all of whom I've fallen hopelessly in love with) and myself to the park and we sat and talked while they played.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


He took me to the mall and we leisurely browsed while Rael played chicken with the floor which, while scary at first, well, until I figured out he was doing it on purpose, was the cutest damn thing. Gods, that kid is positively precious.


He took me to the movies with his friends Chris and Chrissy, we saw "The Grudge 2" and while it wasn't near as good as the first one, I enjoyed it anyway!

He took me to this coffee shop almost every morning so I could get my fix, which was super-sweet because without my daily dose of coffee I don't think I would've made it and things might've gotten a bit ugly--LOL.

He drove me around and showed me different places he writes about on his blog or in e-mails.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



He took me to Chris and Chrissy's house with Denise and his kiddies to hang out and they made a yummy dinner! Seriously! Chris does something wonderful with asparagus that I no doubt will fondly remember for the rest of my life.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We watched a few movies and a good chunk of the first season of Scrubs together. And I now have no choice but to somehow catch up on the rest of Scrubs cause it was kick ass and I find myself shamelessly addicted. Thanks a lot, Evan. LOL.

He took me to Toys R Us and helped me pick out something to bring back for Cameron.

We even went to the grocery store and it was so much fun.

Chico was such an enchanting place and so very different from where I live. I loved it, the place, the people, all of it.

And there you have it, the highlights of my extraordinarily lovely vacation.

But before I end this post, I have to say that I am extremely grateful to Evan, his family and his friends for making me feel so welcome and comfortable, I was a bit nervous about meeting all of you, but you were all so wonderful to me, you made it easy and I can't clearly express how thankful I am for that.

And that's all. Nighty night.

10 Comments:

At Mon Oct 23, 05:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great time! It's so nice to get away. Glad you're back safely!

 
At Mon Oct 23, 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thanks, Jason! I had the loveliest time! And you're absolutely right, it is nice, I'll have to do it again sometime.

As for your getaway, I vote for Disney!! That's one of my favorite places EVER!

Aimee

 
At Mon Oct 23, 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We all had a great time with you as well. The kids positively adored having you too--they took to you well :) Everyone did. Sorry we weren't nore exciting though...

 
At Mon Oct 23, 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

You were exciting, Evan, my love! Very much so. Trust me, I would not tell a lie! I had a splendid time--truly!

 
At Tue Oct 24, 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good!

I really should have gotten you hooked on Firefly and Arrested Development too... at least my Scrubs conquest worked

 
At Tue Oct 24, 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

'Tis a pity, Evan, love, that you missed a perfect opportunity at corrupting me as I've never seen either. Ah well, next time perhaps.

And your Scrubs conquest did indeed work. No doubt.


1.0.1., you're a peculiar guy, my friend, but I like it.

 
At Tue Oct 24, 05:23:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dale Evans?

 
At Tue Oct 24, 07:58:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, Evan, love. Dunno?

 
At Sat Oct 28, 08:05:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Well the only Dale Evans *I* know was the sidekick to will rodgers( and I think evan might look cuter then her...)


Seriously just wanted to say how envious I am of Aimee- but how I'm glad that both of you had a great time. Evan told me that you guys got together but for some reason I thought that the kinders also hung out with each other- as it sorta made sense to me.. sorry Aimee that you didn't have your little guy with you, but glad to hear that Evan is a good host... even if he did try to get you hooked on shows- it's because of him that I watch scrubs every so often on CC though I'm not hooked yet. I *love* firefly myself... and the show I'd push is Wonderfalls because I just fell in love with it...
13 episodes on dvd- only 4 of them aired on fox.

 
At Sat Oct 28, 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Ah, there's no need to be envious, Drew, besides, I heard a little something about you going to visit Evan next year and then I suppose I'll be the one who's envious!

I did miss my Cameron while I was away and it would've been lovely to have him with me because I really would have loved for him to be able to meet and spend time with Evan, Denise and the kids, but it wouldn't have been good to keep him out of school for that long. Perhaps next time I'll go during the summer and bring him with me, that is, if Evan doesn't mind me coming back sometime.

We did have a great time and he is absolutely a wonderful host. Truly. And I actually didn't mind his sneaky Scrubs conquest, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it with him, plus, it really is a good show.

Hmm, I've never even heard of Wonderfalls--what's it about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home