The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, September 28, 2006

.Aimee.

I do believe I have ceased with the self-injurious (heh) behavior that had befallen me as I've managed to go two full days without harming myself. Groovy, eh?

Anyhow, I've been feeling a mite melancholy this week and I'm not quite sure why, maybe it's just because I've been extremely overtired the last couple weeks. I've somehow managed to work myself back into this strange pattern of insomnia and I'm definitely not getting enough sleep, this is probably why I've been so clumsy lately. Hmm, perhaps I'll start counting sheep and see where that gets me.

But, blahs aside, Tuesday was good. I had a lovely conversation with a lovely person whom I happen to love most incredibly and it was, well, lovely. Plus, my Angie is proud of me for sucking up the silly bout of fear that was plaguing me and being a big girl and that, my friends, is a positively splendid thing.

I think I mentioned this before, but I had a Parent/Teacher conference with Cameron's teacher Tuesday morning and thankfully, it went rather well. I was more than a bit nervous when I got the memo requesting a conference because, behavior wise, Cameron has been very challenging this last month and consciously I knew the bad behavior wasn't exclusive to when he's at home and honestly, I was having flashbacks to the first half of last school year when he'd do silly things like roll around on the floor during circle reading time to draw attention to himself. But she assured me that while his behavior hasn't been particularly good, it's nothing like it was last year. She told me that Cameron is extremely bright (as did his kindergarten teacher) and has a beautiful heart, but his disruptive and overly social behavior during class is preventing him from being all that he could be academically. We (his teacher and I) are going back to the daily behavior chart his kindergarten teacher and I used last year to try and get his behavior under control. It worked exceptionally well last year and maybe that kind of fixed goal (staying on green all day and getting a smiley face in the behavior column) is an incentive he needs. His teacher suggests that if, on Wednesday, he brings home the behavior chart and two of the three days have a smiley face in the behavior column, I reward him in some way (taking him out for an ice cream, renting him a movie, etc.), repeating the process on Saturday if Thursday and Friday have smiley's, so that is what I will do and hopefully it'll help straighten out his behavioral issues. Cross your fingers for me, will you?

Speaking of Cameron, he was positively fascinated with the Goodyear Blimp yesterday evening and now he wants to take a ride on it (I don't think they allow that anymore), it was so incredibly cute.

And that's all really. I hope everyone is having a positively pleasant week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home