The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, September 15, 2006

**~ Aimee ~**

You know, for a Friday, this day certainly didn't start off on a spectacular note. At all. My Cameron, bless his sweet heart, was in the nastiest of moods this morning and he wasn't at all shy about clueing me in on that fact.

It started with breakfast. He didn't want the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar that I lovingly provided for him, he said (not pleasantly, mind you) and I quote, "I will eat anything but that." So, I presented him with a nice big sweet juicy apple instead (Mmm, yummy), but he wasn't having any of that either. How about some Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal (so sweet and good), nope, he wasn't feeling that either. He did say "anything", right? But that was not the case, I assure you. In the end, it was a banana that piqued his interest and the battle over breakfast was passed.

Then we moved on to his uniform pants. Sigh. I just bought them in the beginning of August and they fit just peachy, I swear they did. I'm serious, I made sure he tried on EVERYTHING because I was hellbent on not having to return anything because it didn't fit, but alas, as of this morning, his uniform pants are too tight in the waist, his shorts fit perfectly, but the pants, not so much. And this little problem resulted in a weepy and irrational Cameron proclaiming that his pants are too tight because he's fat. He is not fat, dammit! He does need to do a bit of slimming down in the belly area, but he is nowhere near fat and I told him as much, but I don't believe he was convinced. I called my mom on the way to work and we decided that we're going to start taking walks with him in the evenings so he can get a bit of exercise and hopefully this'll help him start feeling better about himself. I don't like that he feels this way about himself, I know what that's like and it's not a way I ever want him to feel. I'm probably more than a bit biased, but my Cameron is absolutely gorgeous and I want him to know it, to feel it. Anyhow, even though they were too tight, he absolutely refused to wear any other pants but those.

So, that was my morning. Blah. Hopefully the rest of the day will cruise along peacefully and without incident.

My Sarah's birthday party is tomorrow afternoon and Cameron is way excited about that, he can't wait. Linda (Sarah's Grandma) is throwing it and she has all kinds of cute stuff planned, it'll be fun! We also got an invitation to a birthday party for one of his friends from preschool that he hasn't seen since last October and that made him extremely happy--it was the cutest thing.

Other than Sarah's birthday party, an at home movie date to watch the "Fantastic Four" with Christie Saturday night and my Sunday date night with Drew, I don't really have anything else planned for this weekend. Maybe I'll actually get some relaxation time worked in there, which would be a heavenly thing.

And that's all. Have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

At Fri Sep 15, 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's completely normal for boys to get a little weight around the waist at between 5 and 9. That and they're growing like little weeds. It's a shame he sees himself as fat, though. Blame that on society, television, media in general. Just keep telling him that when he's older, he'll be the greatest football player in the whole world. Able to knock down pip-squeaks in a single bound.

Unless he doesn't like football.

 
At Fri Sep 15, 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Jason--He's not much of a football fan (at least not yet), but he insists he wants to be a "Professional Skateboarder" when he grows up, the next Tony Hawk and all that. I could work that angle. Thanks (*smile*)!

Aimee

 
At Sat Sep 16, 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

ah... the 'what to eat" I saw my sister deal with my nephew on this one and decided he was a bit spoiled... as we were at my mom's and he said he was hungry and his mom kept offering him stuff that was not to his liking... I wanted to cut through the b.s. so I asked him what his IDEAL meal was. He didn't answer and she ended up giving him a snack that required a bit more prep then "here eat this you ungreatful cur!"
;-)

I know I was a skinny kid and didn't gain weight until I discovered Junk food in the 7th grade... but then again until Junk food I didn't eat much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home