The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, March 05, 2007

Bloody buggering hell.

I'm a right mess this morning. Pinched nerve in my lower back, wrenched shoulder and a banging headache. Ah yes, and my cell phone, the battery is deader than a door nail and since I can't afford to get a new one until Wednesday, I'm cell phone-less at the moment. Sigh. I'm terribly un-amused by it all.

Anyhow, since I did in fact promise someone I'd be better about blogging, here I am. Though, to be honest, I really don't have all that much to say. Life basically just sucks hard lately and unfortunately, it doesn't appear to want to get better.

And it's more than a bit disconcerting how I've come to severely detest something I once positively adored. It's a sad thing, that.

Aside from working, working and more working I haven't been up to much really. Reading, I've done a lot more reading, mainly at night when my body is too tired for anything else but my mind refuses to turn off. I've left the historical genre I was stuck in and moved into the futuristic murder mystery genre by deciding to reread J.D. Robb's "In Death" series, I'm up to book 10 in the series and seeing as I think there are 24 (or so) books in this series, I'm not quite halfway through. Oh, and Drew took me to the movies last Saturday, we saw "The Number 23", I didn't dislike it but I didn't particularly like it either. Meh, it was okay.

Right after I kicked the horrific ear/throat/chest illness that plagued me last week my Cameron picked it up and he wasn't at all happy about it. Poor baby. But he's feeling better this morning. I have to make an appointment for him to see a child psychologist sometime in the next couple weeks and he isn't particularly happy about that either but it has to be done. He pitched a major bitch about seeing his pediatrician a couple weeks ago but we got through it so we'll get through this next bit of blah too.

And that's about it really, it's mainly just working and not much else for me lately.