The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Negativity Reigns Supreme.

My sweet Cameron is feeling a bit down these days and I'm not much liking it. Sigh.

I neglected to mention this when it happened cause, well, I dunno, just forgot, I guess, but as of this past Sunday, his beloved skate park is no more, they've closed their doors and he's terribly upset by this (I suspect that Drew is too, but he's much better at masking it). So, there's been a good amount of comforting going on this week.

It's hard to explain, but Cameron is mourning, and in an odd way, I understand. It was more than just a skate park to him, it was the people, like "Uncle" Mike who took time every Sunday to try and teach him a new trick or help him master one he hadn't quite gotten yet and Brian who made him feel special by always writing cool things like "King Cameron can do anything" on his wrist band and of course, Drew and all the times they spent there together just hanging out and eating wings and pizza and skating and playing video games. And he feels like he's losing those people and all those special moments he made there. It breaks my heart.

And I know he'll be okay, it's just going to take a bit for him to figure out that, though the skate park is gone, these people he's grown to love are still there and they still wanna hang with "Killa Cam". But, in the meantime, his hurting hurts me and I hate it.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 19, 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Sorry to read this...

I still remember when the local pizza place went out of biziness and I was NOWHERE NEAR attached to it as Cam sounds.

The pizza place made the BEST pizza, was a mere block and 1/2 away from my apartment and even better was on the way TO/FROM my comic book store( once there WAS a comic book store). Besides having great pizza- it also was one of the first/easist places to play pinball and video game machines as they had a couple on premise( you must remember I pre-date Nintendo's HOME system- I remember playing Donkey Kong as a arcade game)

So I can sorta kinda imagine what he's going through... and it sucks. What sucks more is I have a friend( an annoying friend) who goes on and on about this place and that place being gone... and while this will be the first place Cameron loves that closes, it sadly won't be the last.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home