The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's been brought to my attention...

...that I'm being entirely too negative these days and, instead of fixating on the negatives, why don't I try focusing a bit more on the positives.

Okee dokee, here goes...

Positive Point #1: I did not harm (physically or verbally) my father in any way after, having noticed they were missing, I asked him where the bag of Nestles Mint Swirl Morsels (you know, the ones they only sell around the holidays) that I bought and have been saving so I could make something special for someone, and he told me he'd eaten a good half the bag the other night cause he had a sweet tooth and the rest were in a ziplock in his nightstand drawer (though, I will admit, it was a close call on that one).

Positive Point #2: I stopped myself from writing a completely catty post after I discovered that tweedle dee and tweedle dumb had taken it upon themselves to try and "out" me (or more clearly, expose my true identity in places where I'm only known by the pen name I write erotica under) by dropping my real name in a place they shouldn't. No, instead, I've started dropping my name myself, fuck them, they can eat me (Eh, wait, maybe not... *shudder*). Wait, now that I think about it, that's not positive, writing the catty post would've been positive. Ah well, next...

Positive Point #3: In less than two weeks, I will make my official debut as a published erotica writer. How cool is that?

Positive Point #4: I got to e-mail chat for a bit with my love (my favorite stuffed animals namesake) on Monday and that was a very lovely thing, made me happy.

Positive Point #5: Drew is taking me on a real live date Friday night as opposed to our typical hasty dinner followed by fantastic yet hurried sex on some random week night after work.

So see, no worries, I am positively positive (mostly).

2 Comments:

At Wed Jan 17, 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Good for you for thinking of positives.

Myself- I turned to drink last night to help me go to sleep. And it was my day off which shows you how messed up my life is.

Your point one reminds me of "one of my stories" wherin as a college student I got in my mom's 'face' because she was yelling at me- she screemed don't hit me! which I thought was laughable because I'm not the type of guy who would EVER do that. i've found this more amusing as time went on as my older bro did hit her a short time later and HE'S her favorite.

That said- that's one of the reasons I live alone, I've had too many roomates mess with my crap and not understand my 'boundries'

2- I'm sorry that you keep running afoul with twits on line. If it helps the reason I needed a drink yesterday was because of someone online as well.

WAY KEWL on #3. I think I glossed over when you posted about that. VERY happy. One of my most prized books has MY name in it... and I didn't even write anything in it- so you must be all shades of perky due to that.

4 and 5- nothing really to say save for you go girl!

Would that I had the ego to get back in the dating scene( lord only knows when I had a real date, I know it wasn't this century that's for sure.)

 
At Thu Jan 18, 09:53:00 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

Oh, Drew, turning to drink sounds oddly pleasant! If you ever find yourself in S. Florida I'll take you to the Bonefish and we'll toss back a couple.

#1. Oh how I wish I lived alone sometimes. Truly. It can get downright frustrating having to deal with certain things. Grrr.

#2. Yeah, some people I've met online just suck out loud, but then I've also met some very lovely people... my Angie, my Evan, Jeff and Nina, Sasha, you.

#3. It ROCKS!!! I am so excited!! And though my mom still lectures on how I should starting writing a "real" book and stop messing around with this sex stuff, I refuse to let her douse my excitement!

#4 and 5. Thanks :)


Angie, my cupcake!!!

LOL. I love when you get all feisty like that! Yummy!!

But no, it isn't that set of twits I speak of this time. It's a new set and it's actually not me they're trying to hurt, it's Nina and Jeff, and they think because Nina, Jeff and I have grown so close, if they fuck with me they'll somehow get a rise out of them, but they're really just ridiculous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home