The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, April 01, 2005

Angie's Entry

Now Playing: Vertigo by U2, I love my Real player song list. It's got a little of everything. From Hip-Hop to Country, Pop to Rock.

Well today is April fools day and my cousin is out to get me again this year. She's already called my cell phone twice. I know she's got something good this year, but I'm not falling for it. Plus she should be nice if she wants me to babysit for her tomorrow afternoon and night.

Here's something that's big news around town today - the smoking ban that went into effect for Hennepin and Ramsey Counties has been overturned just 24 hours after going into effect. A judge last night declared that the economic stress the ban could cause on our already unstable economy was far to damaging. There's a lot of bar and restaurant owners that are very happy the ban has been lifted. Especially those in the downtown Minneapolis area where the bars represent well over 75% of their business. Not to mention all the downtown employees that have lunch in the area. Not only that but owners, I believe have the right to make their establishment non-smoking, with to without a county wide ban.

In my personal opinion, the ban was ludacris to begin with. The local government should have give the owners a chance to improve the air quality in their . Banning smokers only serves to alienate a good portion of their revenue. As a smoker, when I heard the ban had been passed, that was it for me hangin out in downtown. Not that I do on any real regular basis it's too expensive, but when I do go downtown, say for a concert or something, I'd like the right to smoke while I have a few drinks with my friends.

Anyways, I'll get off the soap box now.

What else? Only eight days until my birthday and I'm not turning 30. I'm just not. I refuse to get any older. So that's that.

Snoop Dogg and Game in 20 days and I'm super excited!! Motley will be here in August and I'm syked for that show too!! Plus I read the summer line up for Eminem's tour - The Anger Management Tour 2 - he's gonna be stopping in Minneapolis and you can bet I'ma be camping out overnight for those tickets!!!

Now Playing: D12 - 40 Oz.

Aim - sounds like you can't catch a break huh? Poor Cameron. Get some rest this weekend and hopefully we'll have some time to chat next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home