The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Aimee -- A whole lot of nothing.

I stole this from Evan because I'm feeling completely unoriginal today. Besides, I thought it was cute.


ABC's

A - Age of first kiss: I was young (12, 13, 14 -- who knows), she was a year younger, we were experimenting, and to be honest, as sloppy as it was, it was quite nice.
B - Band listening to right now: Ah, Air Supply. Oh, be quiet! I like them, I can't help it. You can blame my mom for that one. And going totally off topic, when Cameron was teeny tiny, he had colic pretty bad, and I used to turn on Air Supply and dance with him to calm him down. Now see, that's a happy thought.
C - Crush on: Umm, no one that I can think of.
D - Dad's name: James William Martin
E - Easiest person to talk to: Myself cause I rarely talk back. But seriously, I'd have to say Ang (the poor woman), I tell her things she'd probably rather I didn't.
F - Favorite Song: Don't really have one.
GGreatest Love: That monster better known as Cameron. He's my one true love.
H- Hometown: Umm, I was born in Ashland, Kentucky, but I was pretty much raised in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
I Instrument: I had a very brief stint with the violin, but it just wasn't for me. Other than that, none.
J- Junior High: Honestly, I scarcely remember Junior High.
K - Kids: Just one.
L - Longest car ride ever: Long car rides and I do not have a friendly relationship (at all), but the longest I remember was from Coral Springs, FL to Taylor, SC.
M - Mum's name: Dawn
N – Nicknames: I've been tagged with so many nicknames, it's hard to keep track, but here are the ones that still get tossed at me on a regular basis -- Aim, Aims, Aimers, Aimster, Amiel, Amiela.
O - One wish: For Cameron to grow up healthy (that's a big one for personal reasons), happy and know that no matter what path he chooses, he'll always be accepted, and he'll always always be loved.
P- Phobias: You got all day? I have far too many to name, but the strangest one I can think of off the top of my head is my irrational fear of fingernail clippers.
Q - Quote(s): I'm a quote whore, you know? I fricken' love them. But for reasons that elude me, my favorite is, "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows weak with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself." -- Oscar Wilde.
R - Reason to smile: Love
S – Something You Love to Do: Talk. Seriously, I rarely shut up.
T – Time you woke up today: 6:45 a.m.
U – Unknown fact about me: Ah, there are probably quite a few -- good, bad, and all points in between -- but it's saf to say if you don't already know then there's more than likely a reason you don't.
V - Vegetable you hate: Okra, ugh, won't touch the slimy suckers.
W - Worst Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Eric Evans. And the reasons are far and wide.
X - X-rays you've had: I think I've had them all.
Y - Yummy food: My mother-in-laws Picadillo, it's kickass.
Z - Zodiac sign: Leo

In other news, I'm slightly peeved because my bloody bracelet broke again. I just had the damn thing fixed.


Umm, what else? Oh yes, I'm currently in the midst of trying to conquer a wicked case of stagefright. My grandfather has asked me to speak on his behalf at the memorial service tomorrow night, and I'm a bit frightened. But I'll deal with it. At least it's just speaking, I was sincerely afraid he was going to ask me to sing one of her favorite hyms, and then I'd have a real problem because I don't think I could do it.

And that's it. Today was blah, and I've got a headache that I'm fairly sure has teeth and is currently having a grand time gnawing away at my brain. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At Thu Jan 19, 02:39:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, Jeff. Sincerely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home