The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sigh.

Ever since I was diagnosed with CVID, health insurance has been (and will always be) my living nightmare. I hate it. Not only does it basically dictate where I work as well as where I live, it's also a huge source of stress for me because when those assholes with whatever insurance company I happen to be with start playing the "stalling" game, they're basically playing russian roulette with my life. And it's not at all comfortable. But what am I going to do? I have no choice. I need it. I can't live without it. So I guess I better suck it up.

And that's all for today. I just needed to bitch.

Edited: I just got a lovely e-mail from a friend, who is concerned about me (thank you, my friend), and in answering him I realized that I haven't clearly explained what's been going on around here and why I'm so down at the moment. So I'll try.

I haven't had an infusion since November 14th, 56 days ago, and I'm supposed to have an infusion every 21 days. I should have had one on December 5th, and another one on December 26th. I had neither. My next infusion should be scheduled for January 16th, but since my insurance company is still stalling with the authorization (they come up with a different excuse every day), who knows if that one will happen? So I've missed 2 infusions (working on 3), and because of that my white count is through the roof. That, my friends, is not a good thing. What it means is that my body is trying to compensate by pooling T cells, and in doing so it's working too hard to try and protect itself from infection that in the end it won't be able to fight. The reality is that if I don't have an infusion soon, its going to get pretty bad for me.

I'm really weak, I'm really tired, I've been running a low grade fever since last night. To sum it up, I just don't feel right.

But no worries, I'll be alright cause I'm a fighter, dammit, and if it gets bad, well, I'll just keep fighting, it's what I do.


Note: I recieved an e-mail from someone named Lori (thank you for the thoughtful, and caring e-mail, Lori), who bounced in here from Jeff's blog, and she suggested that I post this link for anyone who would like a better understanding of exactly what it is I have. I think I've posted this link once before, but I'll post it again for those interested.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 13, 03:01:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I fucking hate the health care system we have here. Know you're getting all my extra good vibes now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home