The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, January 22, 2006

My mother has no regard for my sanity...

Cause if she did, she would’ve never bought Cameron this...





Sigh, chances are I’ll have a heart attack worrying about him falling off the damn thing, and breaking something. But turn about is fair play, I suppose, and since skateboarding used to be my thing too, I can’t complain all that much. Although, I was nice enough to wait until I was a teenager to put my mother through hell. Besides, I was good. A fact that Drew ruthlessly tried to capitalize on earlier today by trying to taunt Brandee (his roommate) into some skate-off by insinuating that I could out-skate her ass any day of the week, completely ignoring the fact that my feet haven’t graced a skateboard in too many years to count. Needless to say, I refused to do it.

Aside from some skateboarding, the three of us went out to one of Cameron’s favorite restaurants and had a very pleasant lunch together, then we headed off to Target because Cameron wanted this silly stuffed rose we saw when we were there the other day. But after Target things took a bit of a bad turn, and though we got back on track, the whole thing left me feeling sad. Not for me, but for Cameron.

Anyhow, Cameron got his rose, and well, I got these...



Drew bought them for me. You think perhaps he’s trying to tell me something? LOL.

And that’s about it. I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 25, 02:38:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope he's asking for a pity fuck and not insinuating you owe him one for Valentine's Day or something...

Glad to see Cameron in a helmet. And I feel your worry--it's a parent thing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home