The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The post wherein...

I explain how my son took a header into the porch screen last night at his grandma's and took a good ten years off my life.

Sigh.

Oh, he's alright, sporting a good sized goose egg on his forehead, a busted lip and a couple very colorful screen burns, but alright. Me, well, I did somehow manage to get my pulse back to a respectable level but sleeping was an issue.

Sigh.

It was somewhat surreal, my mom and I in the kitchen oohing and aahing over Harlan Coben's new book, "The Woods" (which sounds fantastic, btw), my sister at her computer downloading music, Cameron and Sarah playing in the living room--all normal stuff. Then, suddenly, Cameron got up and headed for the kitchen, picking up speed when he rounded the corner near Christie's computer chair, he tripped over his own feet, made a grab for Christie's computer chair to help break his fall on the way down which, since it spins and rolls, only managed to give him the extra momentum needed to send him flying face first through the screen door leading to the porch. The horrific part is, my moms screen door isn't all screen, straight through the middle, where Cameron's face hit, it's all metal. He took out the screen completely, it went flying across the porch and my baby landed outside face down, thankfully his hands stopped his face from meeting concrete. But, alas, all hell broke loose when he stood up screaming and blood started pouring from his nose and his mouth. Cameron freaked. I freaked. My mom freaked. Christie freaked. We all fucking freaked. I made a mad dash for him and then stood there scared senseless, my hands cupped under his chin trying to catch the blood while my mom flew around the kitchen wetting towels to press against his nose and mouth to try and stop the bleeding. In the midst of that craziness I noticed the broken skin and huge ass knot on his forehead which further exacerbated the panic attack I was trying to control. I was positive we'd all be piling into some ones car for a trip to the ER but my mom was able to stop the bleeding and after further inspection, found it wasn't near as bad as it looked, a sore nose and busted lip were causing all the bleeding (and there was an impressive amount of bleeding) and, according to my mom, the bump on the head, while worrisome, didn't require a trip to the ER.

Sigh.

After a little children's Motrin, a bag of frozen vegetable and lots of love Cameron was feeling slightly better and I was well on my way to suppressing the panic attack that threatened to break loose.

Sigh.

Never a dull moment, I tell you.

2 Comments:

At Fri Apr 27, 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! well I hope you took some pics! He'll be proud of those battle scars someday!
Seriously angel, I hope he's fine and you are recovering!...time for those yummy little umbrella drinks and those cabana boys, don't ya think?

Love to you both!
nina

 
At Wed May 02, 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

No, I think I was too shellshocked to think of pictures and I wish I wouldn't have been cause you're right, Cameron would've been proud. Sigh.

He's feeling just peachy now, like it never happened. Kids... LOL.

Oh yes, it's definitely time!

Mwah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home