The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, April 04, 2005

Aimee's Entry - It's Bloody Cold!!!

Burrrrrrrr - it's cold today!!! We're supposed to be done with the cold. DONE, I tell you!!! But we're not. It's currently 55 degrees outside (Don't laugh Angie, 55 is cold in S. Florida, I swear) and I am freezing my ass off. My hands are like little chunks of ice.

Dude, I went to this Walk-a-thon for the Parkinson's Foundation on Saturday. My hubby and I go every year and donate our time painting faces but anyway, we we were there and it was looking a little sickly outside - I had a really bad feeling but we set up and started doing what we were there to do and low and behold, the skies opened up and we got soaked to the skin. It was AWFUL!!! I've had this damn cold that's been trying to kill me since last Wednesday and there I was running around like a drown rat in the damn windy rain! I swear, I'll be amazed if I don't catch pneumonia.

The rest of the weekend was dull as dishwater. I don't think I moved from my perch on the couch at all yesterday - nope. It was just me, my gatorade and NR's 'Captive Star'.

Hey Ang, I hear you on the smoking ban!!! We have a ban in effect in Florida. You can't smoke in restaurants, bars that serve food or any bar that is not located in a free standing building - there are other places but those are the ones that hit the hardest. There were a lot of unhappy people when the ban went into effect but it seems to have stuck.

Ok, I think that's enough rambling for the moment. I have work to do . Maybe I'll come back and ramble some more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home