The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bring on the rain...

I've decided that 90% of meteorologists have absolutely no clue what the fuck they're talking about. No chance of rain, my ass. Oh well, I don't mind a little rain, not really, only downside (as I told Angie earlier) is driving. A little rain falls and I swear, people act like they've never driven a fucking car before. It's annoying.

And I should note that when I get in a pissy mood, my language takes a nosedive. I curse without shame most of the time anyway, but when I'm moody it's so much worse. If it offends, I apologize.

This is tricky because in order for anyone to understand what the hell I'm talking about, I should probably explain what went down over the weekend but I can't find a way to explain it without making my sister look bad and I don't want to do that. Let's just say that she did something really (really) low in a twisted attempt at vengeance and from where I'm standing all she did was make an ass of herself. Anyway, I've been beating myself up since Sunday night about the harsh way I spoke to her. And I won't say that she didn't need to hear what I said to her because she did but I've been feeling that maybe I could've been a bit more gentle in how I said it, you know?

But Angie, that lovely woman I'm honored to call my friend, told me to stop beating myself up over this because I handled it the only way there was to handle it. Christie needed harsh to get her attention and hopefully prevent her from doing something that fucked up again. So thanks, Angie. You're always there for me and I'm thankful for you. I love you, cupcake (LOL, I'm back to desserts again).

As for today -- in a word -- shit.

Kim's son is in the hospital, my washer (my dryer was already toast) is now broken and since Bugsy pissed all over the load of laundry I did earlier in the week I have to do some tonight or we'll all be going naked tomorrow, I ran out of the tea I like to drink at night (I prefer coffee but I'm already wound tighter than a spring and coffee doesn't help fix that so it's hot tea -- either this funky raspberry tea from Lipton or green tea from Celestial Seasonings -- in the after hours for me) and the only way to fix that is going to the grocery store and I'm not going there, not with two overhyper kiddies in tow and Robin was supposed to pick up Cameron today but called and said that he couldn't so now I have to figure out how the hell I'm going to pick him up at school in Coral Springs (which from where I am, is about a 40 minute commute in rush hour) and Sarah in Deerfield (which is about 20 minutes) before 6 PM. Seeing as I don't get off until 5 PM, I'm thinking it's going to be damn near impossible.

And after I stir the air, cast some spells and say a few prayers that I'm able to pick them both up before 6, I get to take them home with me and let me tell you, if they're not constantly bickering with each other, they're getting into some kind of trouble together. Sounds fun, huh? Ah well, that's the breaks.

But it's not all bad, you know? There are a few people that actually love me and when you break it down, that's what really matters.

So in the words of Jo Dee Messina...

Another day has almost come and gone
Can’t imagine what else could go wrong
Sometimes I’d like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war (‘cause)

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It’s almost like the hard times circle ‘round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated, I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing, but I’m not dead

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

I’m not gonna let it get me down
I’m not gonna cry
And I’m not gonna lose any sleep tonight

I can take it.

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 20, 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

LOL, well, as long as she's yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home