The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Oh, oh, oh, I’m so excited cause Christie and I took the kids to Home Depot and picked out our Christmas tree tonight. I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned my love for Christmas trees, have I? Actually, I love everything Christmas... trees, lights, decorations, baking cookies, wrapping presents – the whole nine. It’s just my favorite holiday, EVER!


^^ See, our naked tree.

Anyway, we haven’t actually decorated it yet because I still need to get icicles (or tinsel, same thing) and a couple strands of replacement lights, but it is presently sitting (rather crookedly, I might add) in the tree stand waiting to be trimmed. YAY. Aside from getting the tree, my dad and I set out all of the inside decorations and then headed out to put up our outside Christmas lights. It looks pretty.

And I actually got up off my lazy ass and went to the mall today to do some Christmas shopping with my mom. I spent entirely too much money but we had fun. I finished Cameron, Angie, Evan, Kim, Terry, my grandparents and Sarah. I still have to get something for Drew, Cathy and Nick, but then I’m all done with the shopping part (which is a first for me as I’m typically a last minute shopper) and it’s off to slave in the kitchen (closer to Christmas, of course) because the rest of the people on my Christmas list get cookies, lots and lots of cookies.

Speaking of cookies, since Christmas is on a Sunday and I need them to be done by at least the Wednesday before, my mom and I have to sit down and figure out our "cookie baking" game plan for this year as well as exactly what cookies we’re going to do this year. We always do the funky chocolate chip cookies (Angie likes those) and the silly little peppermint kisses because everybody likes those but we add and subtract cookie and candy recipes each year to give it some variety. I found this yummy sounding cheesecake cookie recipe that I think I want to try. We’ll see.

The rest of the weekend was pretty anticlimactic. Friday, Drew and I took Cameron out to dinner and then we went to Target to get my mom a birthday present. Saturday, my mom took Cameron to Rob’s Union Christmas Party so my dad came over early and we spent the day organizing the living room. We still didn’t get to work on my new bedroom (also known as the dining room) but the living room is finally in order so I’m happy about that because all that disorganization was beginning to drive me crazy. My bedroom is next, then we head upstairs to reorganize Cameron’s room (gotta make room for birthday/Christmas gifts – out with the old, in with the new, you know), then Christie and Sarah’s room. There’s still a lot of work to be done (trying to make enough stuff for two houses fit into one is hard work) but we’re getting there. Saturday night I went to Drew’s for date night, we ordered a pizza and watched Mr. And Mrs. Smith.

And that’s all, really. I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 06, 02:23:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! I should e-mail for more details, but think about letting me know what sorts of things you might like... and Cameron

 
At Tue Dec 06, 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Hey! back atcha, babe. And I'll think about it, although, I'm easy, I like everything.

Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home