The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, December 02, 2005

Aimee

Guess what, peeps?!? I wrote a sex scene today, a really bad sex scene but a sex scene none the less. Apparently I’m a bit rusty but I wasn’t going to let that stop me, oh no. So hold on Angie, my love, cause it’s onwards and upwards from here (I think – LOL).

Moving on... I just read an article online about a bunch of people, umm, somewhere in the northeast (Boston, I think) having a heated debate over what to call that pretty pine tree you trim with a zillion twinkling lights and all kinds of sparkly ornaments every December. So, is it a ‘Christmas Tree’ or a ‘Holiday Tree’? Now, no offense intended to anyone (honestly), but really, what’s the point in debating over something so trivial? People are going to call it whatever the hell they want to call it and debating over what’s proper or offensive to other cultures, religions, etc. isn’t going to change that. Personally, I call it a Christmas tree, I’ve always called it a Christmas tree and I’ll always call it a Christmas tree but I’m not going to launch a debate with the next person I hear call it a Holiday tree for pity’s sake. Why would I? That’s their prerogative and they’re entitled to it.

And I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not doing such a fantastic job in the mommy department. I’m fumbling badly and try as I might, I just can’t get a handle on Cameron’s behavior and God, I don’t know what to do. I’m so worn out – emotionally, mentally, physically – and no matter what I try, his attitude and his behavior gets worse. And I’ve been having some bad moments here lately where I feel like a failure in the parenting department because if I were giving him what he needs, he wouldn’t be acting out like this. I don’t know, I guess I just keep trying, you know?

Well, I’ve got a migraine, it’s past midnight, I need a shower and there’s a new Nora Roberts book sitting on the coffee table that’s begging to be read. Night.

3 Comments:

At Fri Dec 02, 08:56:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Woo-Hoo!! Send it! Send it! I don't care how bad YOU think it sucks! I'm sure, no, I know that any scene you write blows doors on anything I write so send it!

I've had the "I'm a failure as a parent" conversation a lot with Teresa over the past few months. And even tho I don't have children of my own, by watching plenty of people around me, including my mom, the only way to fail a child is to not be there.

I'm sure you're doing your best and that's all anyone can ask. I'd make sure that Cameron is spending time with Drew and that you're both still conveying a unified front as parents. I'm also big on counseling cause everyone needs a safe outlet for their emotions and someone to help them work through issues they may not even be aware their having. Young kids may not know how to vocalize their feelings the way that adults can. Well, most adults. Sorry, that was susposed to be humor.

I wish I had your motivation to read the way you do. Then I wouldn't have six books sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust. Although, on Turkey Day I did manage to read some of the Sanford book I started a while back, while also watching the Johnny Depp movie, Willy Wonka. Which btw, is a good movie. Johnny Depp is fantastic in everything!

Ang

 
At Sat Dec 03, 05:07:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Angie's dead on the money honey

 
At Sat Dec 03, 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, Angie and Evan, for your words and most importantly for simply caring.

P.S. Ang, I'm sorry I didn't e-mail you yesterday, I meant to but it turned out to be an icky day, all around. And anything I write does NOT blow doors off anything you write (silly, silly girl). WTWC is one of the best fics I've had the pleasure of reading. Sincerely. You rock and you know it. I love ya, sweetness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home