The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, November 18, 2005

Let the battle begin...

If you love me, even just a little, pray that this thing goes bye-bye. Please and thank you. Now, moving on...


Not an actual battle, per se but when you’ve got two strong willed, hard headed, bitchy females cohabitating with each other, there’s bound to be some hiccups along the way.

And there are a few.

1. Cameron has one mother not two, and the last time I checked that mother was me. So, when I tell him something, whether she agrees or not, that’s that because I said so. It’s just not a good idea, in my opinion, for her to come along and overrule a decision I’ve made, etc. regarding Cameron. If she disagrees and wants to discuss it with me privately, I’m all for it but for her to tell him that he can’t (or can) do something after I’ve told him that he can (or can’t) isn’t acceptable. Case in point: He didn’t finish his dinner Saturday night because he didn’t like it so he asked me if he could have a yogurt because he was still hungry. I said “Yes” and not 5 seconds after the word passed my lips, Christie countered with a “No”. Huh? It threw me completely off stride for a minute, I don’t know why because it’s something that Drew used to do all the time but I guess I just didn’t expect it from Christie. I regained my balance and we settled the matter but she’s stepped in a couple more times since so I’m thinking that I need to have a talk with her about that.

2. The devil incarnate is not my son and Sarah is no angel. They’re children, plain and simple and as children, they both tend to get into a bit of mischief from time to time. It’s normal and we’ve just got to roll with it. But as unruly as my son tends to be, he’s not the only child in the house that gets into trouble. Christie needs to accept that it’s not always Cameron causing a fuss, there are times when her angel is just as responsible for the chaos. As a matter of fact, the “angel” in question fed my toothbrush to the dog last week and painted her whole body a glittery silver with Christie’s $20 VS eye shadow (Christie was pissed -- LOL).

3. I don’t like when she sticks her nose into my business without any provocation from me. If I wanted her 2 cents on something, I’d have asked for it. Case in point: She wants me to call someone that called me because they didn’t call back but I won’t do it because they didn’t ask me to. That rationale makes perfect sense to me but to her, I’m being ridiculous. So, what does she do? She found their number on the caller ID and announced that she was going to call them on her cell phone for me since I wouldn’t do it, which fucking pissed me off, BTW, because we’re not in middle school anymore for fucks sake and then I‘m not into being all obsessively weird like she is with Dave (ouch, that was a low blow but she pissed me off with that shit). I do believe she got the point but when that didn’t work, she started in on the nagging. Sigh. I detest when people nag at me, there’s no point in it because nine out of ten times, I’m not going to change my mind. It was funny because she started fussing at me about it the other night and it agitated me because I was trying to watch TV so I started fussing back at her and my dad finally said, “Alright girls, if you don’t quit bickering with each other, I’m going to send you to your rooms.” Mind you, we were on the couch in the living room and technically, that is my room right now so I said, “Fine. Since this is my room, you two get out.” LOL. Anyway, that was one instance, there are others but if I listed them all, I’d be here all day. I know that her intentions are good but I’m a big girl now and as such, I’m capable of making my own decisions.

4. Dave. ’Nuff said.

But while we’ve had our fair share of hiccups in this adjustment period, there have been some really fantastic times too. You know, we never did much like each other until a few years ago but once we got past the differences that kept us at odds, we managed to build a unique and wonderful relationship and I‘m figuring once we figure out what‘s what, we‘ll be just fine.

Aside from the hiccups, things are mostly okay. Cameron still continues to challenge me at every turn and it’s tiring but I love the little brat more than anything so I’m dealing with it the best I can. I have yet to contact the doctor about the possibility of him having ADHD as was suggested because I live in a constant state of denial (which Jason told me is okay and completely understandable -- thanks Jason) but I will. As for Drew and I, we’ve recently started “dating” and it’s actually nice. It’s the weirdest thing but we get along so much better now that we’re not living together or at least I think so. Go figure.

And I know I've probably said it a thousand (million) times but Angie is the absolute greatest friend, I always know that no matter what, she'll be there for me. I love you, Ang. Always.

And that’s all. Have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

At Fri Nov 18, 05:04:00 PM, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

You have a great weekend, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home