The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, November 07, 2005

It's been like romper room up in this bitch...

And does anyone remember those Calgon commercials? You know, "Calgon take me away..." or some such shit. Well, I tried that one numerous times tonight and it just wasn't working. Whoo. It was getting sketchy around here and I think my sanity was in grave danger people. It just wasn't looking good for a brief moment.

You see, Christie is in the hospital (again) and some how I drew the short straw and got stuck with two very rowdy children. And I have to tell you, it's been like feeding time at the zoo around this place all night long. I love kids, I really do but Cameron and Sarah together are like hell on wheels or tiny feet, whichever strikes your fancy. Anyhow, the two of them were hellbent on testing my patience and they did a fabulous job. They make a wonderful team and if it hadn't been me that they practically drove up the wall, I'd more than likely be really proud of the little hellions.

Well, those two lovely children are finally asleep (and God, it took FOREVER -- I'm not kidding either... I'm thirsty, lay with me Aimee, Sarah no nite nite now, I'm thirsty, I wanna watch that movie, Mommy's not home, I'm thirsty -- to get Sarah to go to sleep) so I think I'm going to go... I don't know, do something.

Have a pleasant night, all.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 08, 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I hear benadryl works on kids? I myself have never done that, but all my friends with kids have recommended it aid in the, um, rodwyness of said children.

Just a thought! LOL!

 
At Tue Nov 08, 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Mm Hmm, absolutely, I'm all for vacation Jason!!! So, where do ya wanna go?

Yeah, I've heard the Benedryl thing too but I'd never do it because I don't know, it's like drugging your kids so they'll sleep and I'm thinking I wouldn't feel right about that (although, it is tempting... LOL).

Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home