The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, November 04, 2005

Aimee -- Yay, it's Friday!!

Insomnia is a bitch, for sure. I don't know what it is lately, but I could be so tired my fucking eyes are on fire and still not be able to sleep. I was up until 3 in the morning last night just staring at the ceiling for long periods of time because no matter how hard I tried, I just could not go to sleep. I don't know but I'm thinking that I need to find something interesting to distract myself until I'm able to fall asleep because staring at the ceiling gets rather dull. Hmm. Any suggestions? Anyhow, I'm a tad tired today.

Well, I've been catching up on blogs today and a couple topics engaged my mind. So, let's talk crushes, shall we? Part of Tom's post yesterday got me to thinking...

[..."Tom, I used to have the hugest crush on you."

The sauve guy that I am, I admitted, "I know."

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

"Don't you ever... just know?"

She said she didn't. Apparently, there are people who don't "just know" when other people are after their tail. Fascinating but true...]

And no, I can honestly say that I've never "just known". I'm figuring it's my "why the hell would anybody be interested in me" attitude combined with the fact that I'm a tad slow at times that causes me to be oblivious but unless someone tells me that they're "after my tail" (LOL), I have no clue.

As far as myself having a crush on someone else, nine out of ten times, they'll never know unless, of course, they "just know" because (normally) I'm a bit on the shy side and being forward (typically) gives me a nasty case of the butterflies so I never actually work up the nerve to tell them what I'm feeling. Which doubtlessly sucks because if you never tell the person that you feel whatever it is you're feeling for them, you'll never know whether or not those feelings were reciprocated. Ah, us humans are a strangely perplexing breed, arent we? And honestly, in my opinion, even if the other person never knows what you're feeling for them, crushes (in all their varieties -- fun and easy, light and playful, strong and painful) are wonderful because they make you feel something and in doing that, they're reminding you that you're alive.

And because I'm feeling positively unshy and uncharacteristically forward today (probably lack of sleep), I shall confess that I, Aimee, currently have a crush of the fun and easy variety (whether it's reciprocated or not is no matter because we're friends and that's what's important to me) and if he doesn't "just know" that I'm "after his tail" then he suffers from the same state of oblivion that plagues me.

Okay, moving on...

I was reading a post this morning on someones blog that I landed at by clicking a link on another blog, sadly, I can't recall his link or where I was when I clicked on it, sorry, it was early and I hadn't had a sufficient amount of caffiene yet. Anyway, he was talking about how his wife refuses to let him kiss her (and I don't mean a chaste peck on the lips, I'm talking about a real, live, toe curling, stomach fluttering kiss involving the exchange of saliva) because she has some kind of strange hang up with the germs in his saliva (nor will she go down on him or allow him to go down on her for the same reason, the poor man). And I just don't get that. I absolutely love to kiss and when someones lips are on mine, germs are the last thing I'm thinking about. And yeah, I know the human mouth is dirty, filthy, nasty, blah, blah, blah but really, who cares? Kissing (and various other activities involving your mouth) are delicious and far outweigh some pesky little germs.

And I'll tell ya, life has been anything but dull (sometimes fun, sometimes not) since Christie moved in. We actually got into a pointless debate (we often have pointless go rounds about stupid shit because as close as we are, our personalities are like night and day plus, I think she just like to argue with me) the other night about whether or not it's right to call someone back when they didn't specifically ask you too. I said, "Nope. If they wanted you to call them back they would've said so." and she countered with, "If they didn't want to talk to you, they wouldn't have called in the first place so why wouldn't you call them back?" to which I replied, "Because they didn't ask you too." We, in perfect Aimee and Christie fashion, went round and round on the matter and eventually just agreed (but not before the smartass bitch insinuated that I'm a chickenshit) to disagree on the proper etiquette for returning phone calls. But basically we've been settling in nicely together and I'd talk about all the other shit going on with her (Christie) right now but then this post would be never ending and I'd probably just end up with a fucking migraine. So, all I'll say about that is, sometimes that woman does not use the common sense she was gifted with at birth and it's so fucking annoying to watch her make a fool of herself over someone so completely unworthy. She's far to smart and beautiful to act the way she's acting over some ignorant asshole who's only looking for a no-strings fuck. Sigh. I can feel the migraine starting already so I better stop.

Have a good one all.

P.S. Thaly-Ann... I got your e-mail, thank you. Goddess, writing or otherwise, I am not but I am honored and humbled that you think so. And of course I want you to download them for me *wink*, my impatient ass would go crazy waiting until December. I'll sit down and write you a nice long e-mail as soon as I get time and I've missed you too.

3 Comments:

At Fri Nov 04, 06:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee -

I'm really happy to hear from you !! :) I can't wait to read your big e-mail message ;) About the song, Jason said a few minutes ago that we will maybe have to wait to Monday for the song :( So as soon as Jason leaks the song on the board, I will send it to you. I can't wait to hear it too !!!

Big kisses XXX

Thaly-Ann

 
At Sat Nov 05, 08:57:00 AM, Blogger savante said...

You are so right, Aimee. I have the same problem. I wonder why I have few guys around me and yet when I find a great guy, I wonder what the hell is wrong with him to want me :)

Paul

 
At Sun Nov 06, 05:56:00 AM, Blogger AJ said...

i tire out my mind with sudoku- the logically inclined game & tire my body out with a run at the gym. It works most of the time... If not listen to so some calming music and try to follow the rythem to sleep?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home