The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, October 21, 2005

Wiiilllmmmaaaaaaaa...

...if I hear that classic line from the Flinstones one more time, I might actually strangle someone. I'm serious. It's annoying.

Anyway...

T.G.I.F. Most definitely. It's been such a long week and I'm SO ready for the weekend. But then again, with Christie finally moving in, this weekend will be extremely hectic. So maybe it's next week I'm ready for. Sans Monday, of course, because unless some unforseen thing steps in and changes things that, hopefully much weaker, monster of a hurricane will be crossing over us.

And God, as much as I want this week over, today is just not a good day for me. I'm mopey and sad and weepy and conflicted. It was three weeks ago that I told Drew I wanted to separate and I do, that hasn't changed but because (contrary to popular belief) I'm not a cold hearted, unfeeling bitch, when he told me that last night would be the last night he slept at the house, it hurt. Drew doesn't want to believe that, but as much as this separation is something I believe we need, I have slept beside that man almost every night for over six years and I love him. Of course I'm hurting, I'm human, I feel. And what I feel right now, is pain. I have a feeling I'll be "Sleepless in South Florida" tonight.

But I hope you all have a great Friday.

3 Comments:

At Sat Oct 22, 08:59:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Is "Jane, stop this crazy thing!" better?
;-)

Seriously haven't checked here in a while... But sorry to read this post. I know a bad night's sleep can wreck my whole day... I love my bed and just got a BRAND NEW PILLOW.
I know it's too late to help you with Friday's sleep, but I'd suggest getting active with friends this weekend.... doing something that takes your mind off things and gets your body tired.
Also maybe bring a stuffed animal to bed with you... if you have such a thing. I'm a guy so I don't sleep with stuffed animals but figure that might help.

and I'm just gonna shut my mouth about the hurricane as I don't want to get political here. So will just hope it gets downgraded before landfall.

Oh and buy yourself a dvd or something nice to get your mind off your problems.

 
At Sat Oct 22, 04:43:00 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Oppps.

Feel STU-pid.

Didn't know that the NEWEST Hurricane was called Wilma.

Your post makes alot more sense knowing that
;-)

 
At Sun Oct 23, 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Ah, don't feel stupid because hell, there have been so many of them damn things this year, I get their names confused all the time. As a matter of fact, the meteorologist called this one "Katrina" earlier.

Thank you for all the sleep suggestions :) I'm going to try the stuffed animal thing tonight. Wish me luck.

Oh, and I just got 'Saharah' in the mail on Thursday so maybe I'll clear my mind and pop it in.

Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home