The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, October 17, 2005

Aimee's Entry

Well, Saturday started off with a bit of bitching because I was supposed to be at my moms house "early" and apparently (according to Christie, at least) 11:30 isn't early. I lovingly informed her that, on a Saturday morning between breakfast, the dog and getting myself and Cameron ready to head out for the day, 11:30 is indeed early. Anyhow, after we agreed to disagree about what time is or isn't early, we headed for the salon.

And had a blast. Seriously. Ah, it was great. Christie's make-up came first and I laughed my ass off while Christie engaged in a verbal tussle with the make-up artist over what colors to use on her eyes. Christie wanted a smoky eyed look using black and other charcoal colors and the make-up artist wanted to do a smoky eyed look using different shades of brown. Christie happens to be one of the most hard headed women I know, she wants what she wants when she wants it and that's that but amazingly after a few go rounds, she relented and let the make-up artist do what she wanted to do. And it looked incredible. After make-up, Christie went off to have her hair done and I jumped into the make-up chair, I didn't bother arguing because I knew since Christie was paying, if she didn't like it or she felt I didn't like it, she'd make her redo it, which she did, sort of. I didn't have my hair done so after she redid my eyes and touched up Christie's make-up, we headed back to my moms house to finish getting ready.

The dinner dance was at the Sheraton Bal Harbour which is about an hour drive from my moms and we were supposed to leave at 5 because cocktail hour started at 6 but since all of us seem to have a slight problem with punctuality, we didn't leave until about 5:30 which had us arriving smack in the middle of cocktail hour. We (Christie, Jason (our step-brother) and my mom) all headed for the bar while Kelly (our step-sister) and Robin (our step-father) went off to mingle. After we got our drinks (rum and coke (me), Corona (Christie), gin and tonic (Jason) and a Coors Light (mom)) we headed outside to check out the pool/beach area. God, that place is gorgeous (I'd love to stay there sometime but from what I hear the room rates are a bit high). And, I fell completely in love with these beautiful bridges they had going over the pool. Sigh.

But cocktail hour was just about up so we headed for the ballroom where we encountered a wee bit of a problem. Since the tables were all reserved, Robin strolled the room but he couldn't find our table so we all separated to circle the room a few times, but try as we might, we could not find the table reserved for the Porter Family. Robin cornered the lady who put the whole thing together and she insisted that he had a table because she set it up herself. She led us to "our" table but it was already full. She started getting all flustered and insisted that was our table but the "Reserved For The Porter Family" sign was no where to be found. Robin was slowly getting pissed because she was telling him that she'd have to split us up and seat us at other tables because she couldn't move the people that were already seated there. I believe he was about to lose his cool when one of the women at the table asked my mom, "Oh gosh, did we take some ones table?" And my mom whose temper was beginning to fray as well cooly said, "Yes. You did." Long story short, they ended up moving them but not before they'd eaten half the appetizers as well as taken half the etched wine glasses, bud vases, programs and union pins that were at each place setting (they did eventually bring replacements). And amazingly, we found the "Reserved For The Porter Family" sign shoved underneath the table. How 'bout that.

Dinner was good (a big ass steak with a baked potato and some vegetable I didn't pay attention to) but they hired this comedian/impersonator to entertain us during dinner and God, he was awful -- really, really awful. Wine was served continuously during dinner which I hate but Christie loves so needless to say, by the end of dinner, Christie was completely toasted (and whoo boy, it showed). After dessert, I grabbed my second and last drink (which was supposed to be a rum and coke but it was basically just a shit load of rum with a very minute splash of coke) and headed back out to the pool area where, among other things, Christie proceeded to flash me (and I'm fairly sure various other people) her ass numerous times (LOL). Ah, it was great. Anyway, after a while we headed back inside because Christie wanted to dance. And while we were dancing Christie leaned over and whispered, "You know, I think I've had too much to drink?" To which I replied, "Really? You don't say."

It was over somewhere around midnight and we all headed back to my moms to hang with each other for a bit before going our own way.

So, it was a nice night, all around.

And Sunday I speant just hanging out with Cameron. We painted ceramic pumpkins together which didn't really come out looking all that great but then again none of our crafts really come out spectacular looking. But it's okay because we had fun doing it and that's what matters.

Nothing much going on today but work. Tonight, on the other hand, might not be as quiet because Drew is supposed to be all moved out by Tuesday but he has yet to start packing and Christie is getting antsy staying at our moms house. So, who knows...

I hope you all have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home