The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, October 07, 2005

Numb

Going Numb ~ NO MOTIV

Why can't I
just feel something besides
just some numbness?
No pain
no happiness inside
I can't feel at all
I can't seem to
grasp what's going on
without going into
some kind of trance
it's so bizarre
I can't feel at all
I can't see at all
No sign of emotion
nobody is listening to me no
no nervous reaction
Just another
blank expression for me
what's wrong with me?
Senses dull now
staring at the wall
it must be a defect
Going numb and
I can't feel at all


But it's starting to wear off.

I know I'm not but God, I feel so alone.

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 07, 09:35:00 PM, Blogger savante said...

You're not alone. :) And when you fell dull and alone... there's a new Nora Roberts novel out! Blue Smoke! Just got it yesterday.

Not to mention a new JD Robb!

paul

 
At Sat Oct 08, 06:54:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Paul...

Thank you :) You're a sweetheart!

And I just bought 'Blue Smoke' (along with a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips -- LOL) last night for comfort, of course.

What new JD Robb?? When? Where? Tell me, tell me... I must know.

Jeff...

Thank you (*KISS*).

You know, last night was a very bad night for me and I felt extremely alone but you came along and allowed me to express and talk through my pain. I don't know if you realize how grateful I am to you for that.

Aimee

 
At Tue Oct 11, 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Kewl poem...

And yeah Been There- done that. Never truely been 'comfortably numb'( to quote Pink Flyod), been numb but been vext when I realize that there's nothing going on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home