The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Angie's Entry

The conclusion: I called the optical store and questioned why my order was changed.

"Well the doctor based your prescription on the lenses he saw you in, when you came in for your eye exam."

"Hm, that's funny cause I came in with my glasses on and had he explained to me at the time he offered me the TRIAL pair of Focus night and day and EXPLAINED that that's what he was writing on my prescription, I would have stayed with the Acuvue Advance lenses that I've been wearing for the past 6 years. I had to pay an extra $60 out of my own pocket for an updated contact lens exam, what difference does it make what brand or style of contacts I re-order? A valid prescription is a valid prescription my doctor has no right to tell me what kind of contacts I want to wear."

"If you don't want the Focus night and day, you'll have to come back in so he can update your prescription with the lenses you want."

"So I have to pay another $60 when I just had an eye exam seven months ago? Because he didn't tell me that if I put this particular contact in my eye, that would be the only one he'd allow me to refill? Are you serious?"

"The focus night & day are the lenses he gave you your exam in and he'd be liable if your wore different lenses and something happend. In terms of the fee for the exam, that would be up to the manager."

"Is the manager there?"

"Not yet, he should be in later today if you'd like to talk to him then."

"Great thanks a lot."

"You're welcome, have a good day."

"Yeah, you too."

No, I didn't call back and talk to the manager, I had run out of steam and I needed contacts. So I called the online store, told them to go ahead and send through my order. Focus Night & Day are great lenses even at $53 a box. And I of course am not blessed with having my eyes be close enough together to get away with ordering only one box for both eyes. No, I have to order two, one for each eye. But these lenses last me six months each pair so I've got a good two years out of this order. I'll make sure and go back to my regular eye doc in February and keep my prescription current so I don't have to pay a fee again.

So life goes on.

OH!! I almost forget to share one bright thing in my life, I FINALLY QUIT SMOKING!!!
Yup, I sure did. It's been seven days today that I had my last cigarette. During the day I'm fine, it's at night, sitting at home watching TV that gets to be hairy. I find myself eating a lot of salty products. One, because I'm bored and Two because I still need to break the habit/routine of having something in my hands and mouth. Get your mind out of the gutter!! Geez!!

Other than that.

There's a few jobs out there that I might apply for. I got cornered yesterday about training for the receptionist crap again. I agreed but I'm not happy about it at all. I should march back into the HR guys office and tell him, I changed my mind, no. I won't do it. It's not in my job description and since they ASKED for my help instead of TELLING me I have to do it, the answer is no. I hate being a receptionist when it was my full time job and that's why I haven't done it since. If they need back ups and break people, then there's plenty other people they can ask besides me. But for some reason they keep harping on me.

Oh well. I really don't want to be here much longer.

They keep saying that by the time the holidays get here that gas prices will be up around $4/gallon. And that will make a twenty mile commute each way everyday not so fun. So if I can find something closer to home, with more pay and keep my part time job on a want to not need to basis, it might help my financial situation.

Well that's about all I have for today. I'm having dinner with my mom again tonight and she's going to update me on the A situation. Sounds like there's been developments.

I did get the nicest compliment from my mom the other day while we were emailing back and forth about how to handle A. She said "Ya know, you hit the nail right on the head. Scrappie has a really good mom with really good mom instincts! I’d love to see A with you for awhile – it would make a huge difference."
Isn't that a cool thing to hear from your mom? I never though of myself as having good mom instincts. Katie said she thought I did too. Cool huh?

Alright, this time I'm really gonna go!

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 06, 03:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get the job you were telling me about, my sweet. My fingers are crossed for you.

And you would make a good mommy. Absolutely!

Love ya,
Aimers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home