The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Aimee -- Ouch...

My feet hurt.

Sigh. Yesterday I had what I refer to as a "killer migraine" and because my head felt like it was going to break into a million tiny pieces of jagged glass at any minute, I wasn’t thinking straight. And in my altered state, I stupidly let some 12 year old goad me into forgetting that I’m no longer young and spry.

It went a little something like this...

I was standing outside minding my own business, silently thinking that if I could just remove my head from the rest of my body everything would be just peachy. Cameron was standing next to me transfixed by these two kids trying to outrun each other.

"What are they doing?"

"Huh?" I shook my head to clear the fog and immediately winced because that shit fucking hurt, "What?"

He pointed at the two kids as they flew by us again, "What are they doing?"

I squinted because I’m blind as a bat and tried to focus on what the two kids were doing, "Oh, they’re racing."

"I want to race too."

"You’re too little to race them, Cameron."

"Can I race you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, I want to race too."

This is probably a bad, bad idea but then again... "Okay, I’ll race you Cameron."

And out of the blue one of the kids stepped into the picture and asked, "Can I join? I’ll run backwards if you want."

"You’ll run backwards?"

"Yeah, you know, to give you an advantage."

Excuse me? Come again? Did he just say he’d give me an advantage? Oh, it’s on.

"Oh right, cause old folks run really slow, huh?"

He smiled, "Yeah."

Smartass.

"Alright, you can join but I don’t need an advantage, okay."

He shrugged, "Okay."

So, I kicked off my flip flops (which is why my feet hurt like a fucking bitch today) and proceeded to whip some 12 year old ass. It was actually fun. And because it was, I refrained from smacking their heads together when he looked at his friend and said, "Can you believe I just got killed by an old lady?" To which his friend replied, "Yeah, but I ain’t ever seen an old lady run that fast."

I did race Cameron too, by the way. He won, of course.

Today we had to go to a birthday party at Boomers. God, that place is crazy on Saturday but Cameron had a blast so it was worth the return appearance my headache ruthlessly made. But I’ll tell you, I have no desire to fold myself into one of those little go-carts ever again. Seriously. And my mom, the evil woman, stood there on the sidelines and giggled the whole time.

After Boomers we hit the mall because my mom still hadn’t gotten a dress to wear to the dinner dance in a couple weeks. But in the end, I got a new outfit (it’s rather pretty) and she decided to just wear the dress that I was going to wear.

And I shouldn’t laugh but my mom and I had the most hilarious conversation earlier. I was bitching about the trouble I have reaching orgasm during sex so she started telling me about this position she heard is almost certain to make a woman come. Sadly, I had to tell her that as good as some woman say it is, I’m not a big fan of reverse cowgirl. If I’m gonna ride, I’d rather ride cowgirl.

Anyway, I headed home after our shopping expedition and now I think I’m going to go to bed because there ain’t much happening around here.

But before I go... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!! I hope it’s all you want it to be and more! XoXo.

Night, night.

3 Comments:

At Sun Oct 02, 03:59:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Whoa. I just ended up on your blog by clicking on the link from Raph's blog. Girl, I admire you. I certainly hope I never (ever ever) have a conversation about sex positions with my mom.
And I thought my ex-boyfriend's mom commenting about that was bad enough...

 
At Sun Oct 02, 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Andrea... I miss Raph! How is he? LOL, thanks :) and I imagine it does sound a bit weird, huh? But it's actually cool (to me) that my mom and I feel comfortable enough to be able to talk about whatever is on our minds without being embarrassed and what not.

Aimee

 
At Sat Oct 08, 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

You're welcome, Jeff.

XoXo

Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home