The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, October 14, 2005

Aimee's Entry -- Drifting away.

Mm, I’m currently having overindulgent fantasies about crawling into bed, closing my eyes and letting myself drift. It'd be so lovely. I don’t know why but I’m extremely sleepy today and by the looks of things outside, the skies are about to open which will only make me sleepier. Oh well, in a minute I’ll just recline my office chair, prop my feet on my desk and recommence the fantasizing.

Hanging out with my mom and Christie last night was fun. The three of us rarely get together at the same time and I didn’t realize how much I missed it. It was nice, we had dinner and then just sat around talking while my mom and Christie shared a bottle of wine. And it was hilarious because when my mom was walking me out to my truck, Robin (my step-father) followed us out and not-so-subtly asked my mom, “Aimee’s alright to drive, right?” My mom laughed and said, “Rob, she had three cups of coffee and a sparkling water but no alcohol. You know she doesn’t really drink but she will Saturday night. Won’t you?” I winked at her as I looked over at Robin innocently and said, “Of course I will. I’m going to get completely trashed and embarrass the hell out of you.” To which he replied, “Nah. I’m going to be the only guy accompanying you girls and with all that attention, how could I be embarrassed.” Oh, he has no idea… But while I make no promises, I shall try and behave myself.

Anyway, while we were sitting around talking last night, Christie and I got into a debate about which one of us has the nicer set of breasts (why, I have no clue but she started it, dammit). And I know it’s ass backwards, but I was for Christie having the nicer pair and Christie was for mine. Shrug. Everything from breast size to breast shape, from nipple size to nipple color was argued and while there were convincing arguments coming from both sides, sadly, it ended in a stalemate as neither of us would back down and my momma said there was no way she was getting in the middle of that one. Hmm, I'm thinking we’re going to need a neutral party to preside over the matter.

God, tomorrow is going to be such a hectically fun day because Christie and I will be spending a good part of the day at the salon primping like a couple of giddy girls. And amazingly, we have never done that together before. I can’t wait!

And I do believe that’s all for me today. Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home