The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Angie's Entry

I'm not sure why I'm posting, I have absolutely nothing of interest to say. Basically I'm bored at work and can't find anything else to hold my interest for more than a few minutes at a time.

I have four people with Birthday's this month. My mom, Nicole, Jill and my niece Peanut. Oh, there's my "dad" too, but since the last time I talked to him was when we moved my brother - well.

I left work early on Friday to go have lunch and hang out with my brother and my mom. Brother was in town, passing through on his way to his alumni swim meet out in Point. So they called me to see if I could leave for lunch and since I was bored out of my mind, I asked to leave for the day.

I'm doing my stupid training tomorrow with my friend Amy for the receptionist crap. I'm trying hard to not be really pissed off about it, but if Amy is hardly at the front desk, then I shouldn't ever have to be up there. Since there's three other people in front of me for them to call to cover. But I think what's going to end up happening is that our receptionist now is going to be moved up to our photo department and then their going to need a new receptionist and since they know that payroll is a part time gig, I have the feeling their going to try and move me into that. But let me assure you - that will never happen. Ever.

The shady thing is, is that they won't just come right out and say it. Super Slim Shady and this chick ain't goin for it. They can kiss my white ass.

So I'm actively looking for a new job. I did apply to one last week, I haven't heard back yet, but that's ok. The right one will come along - I hope.

So that's about all I know.

I'm going up to my cousin's house on Saturday for dinner, we all are. She's making chicken and dumplings and invited the whole fam. It will also be interesting, cause it will be the first time my niece A will be with all of us since the incident. I think my approach to her is going to be how utterly disappointed in her I am. That I love her but any trust I had in her is completely gone. And that while I am angry with her, thinks that she owes everyone, especially her mother an apology and an explanation, she has no idea how disappointed I am with her.

I think going that route with her might have more impact than yelling at her and telling her awful she is. Because she's not responding to that. She refused to apologize to her own mother and she doesn't want to be lectured by any one.

I got together with my mom last week and she had gotten together with my Aunt the night before and more of the story unfolded. In a nutshell, my niece needs a hard lesson in respect and manners. She needs to learn that there are consequences for her actions and that she is still a child and has no business talking to the adults in her life the way she is.

My restraint with her attitude is quickly diminishing and if she doesn't watch her step around me, that kid is in for the surprise of a lifetime. She'll learn real quick how bad a mouthful of Ivory soap tastes. I learned my lesson the hard way a few times like that, no reason she can't too.

Anyways, that's about all I have for today.

Have a good day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home