The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, November 07, 2005

Angie? Angie who?

I figure if I make fun of myself that no one else will, right?

Well, really there's not much new with me, hence the utter lack of postings. So here's a summary:

Family: My niece had her confirmation open house a couple weeks back. She gave me attitude and I gave it right back, which I later found out upset my sister. So I sent an email this morning to explain to her my actions in the hope that she understand where I'm coming from.

Both sisters met and had lunch this past Saturday in an effort smooth things out. I'm hoping all went well.

My mom and I are taking this Friday off to hit a bunch of warehouse sales for Christmas shopping and just for fun.

I haven't heard from Brother lately. He sent me an email and I replied but I haven't heard back. I know he's trying to keep busy with the Swim team as to avoid the lonelies.

Work:
The new boss? That started in June? Well he told us last Friday that he's leaving. November 30th will be his last day. There's rumors about who his replacement will be cause as normal, our HR guy can't get his shit together and says things to people that he shouldn't be. So Paul, our general ledger guy and my friend, might be leaving a lot earlier than planned if the person we think is coming in to be controller.

The HR guy still manages to piss me off on a daily basis and it's becoming more and more frequent each day. I'm still looking tho. Something will come along, eventually.

Friends:
Teresa is still in crisis/self-destruct mode. She hasn't eaten in a week and insists that when she does, she throws up. Have any of you had this problem? I'm trying to understand this. I mean when I moved out of my ex's house and realized that we were over, found out he was and had been seeing someone behind my back, I was upset. I cried, I moped around. But I never got so low that I didn't eat for a week. Maybe a day or two, ate a bag of M & M's and that was it for one day, but never did I go a whole week. Even when I was in my deep depression, I drank like a fish and passed out most nights, but I ate every once and a while. Can anyone out there give me some insight to this?
She's finally sleeping but she's still not eating. There isn't anything I can do, I can't hold her down and force her to eat, but then of course when she drinks, she's drunk in two drinks. Like she was on Saturday. I'm frustrated with her, I'm sorry that she's going through this. But eventually it comes to a point where you have to pick yourself up, dust off and accept that things have changed, whether you like it or not, you have to move on.

I'm such a horrible friend.

In General:
Everything is going. Without a car payment, I've had the chance to catch up on my bills and get pretty much everything current. Which is the best feeling ever. Especially since they're predicting the heating costs this winter are going to be awful.

I still have to schedule the work to be done on my car.

I still don't have any men in my life, nor the prospect of any. And that's fine. It gives me more time to fantasize about the ones I can't have.

A salesguy that used to work here was in the office the Friday before last and I guess he's looking to move back here from out East. And he's a freaking hottie. I was lucky enough to get to spend a night with him before he moved out East. We'd been eyeing each other for a while and one thing lead to another. I was bummed out that I missed seeing him, but I'm hoping that next time I won't miss him.

Other than that, my life is dull.

I've noticed that there's been a sudden drop in everyone else's blogs, so I don't feel so bad about my lack of posting. Ok, I don't feel AS bad.

Take care,
Ang

1 Comments:

At Mon Nov 07, 03:59:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry about Teresa :( I wish there was something I could do to help.

And you know, after you left, my day went from bad to worse. Sigh. It sucks. And I think I need to release some pent up frustration. BIG TIME!

Oh well, such is life.

I love ya,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home