The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, November 14, 2005

Angie's Entry

Friday my mom and went warehouse shopping. It was fun. I got some good stuff. By the time the day was over my whole body hurt from walking around so much. It sucks getting old.

I found some cards of purple flowers that a local woman has in her amazing garden that I'm going to frame and hang up in my room because the pictures are that freaking good!! The colors are phenominal!

Saturday I went to my part time job and worked for a few hours then I went home, painted while making chicken wild rice soup - yum.

Sunday I hitched a ride with my sista to my other sista's house for my youngest niece's birthday party. My eldest niece, the one that ran away a few weeks ago, spent most of the day hiding from all of us. Well, when sista and I decided it was time to leave, I went to find my mom who was talking to my niece with her stepdad camped out on the floor in his very drunken state.

After I got home, I waited a while then called my mom to see how things went and ended up feeling very bad about how I have or have not come across to my niece. Apparently she doesn't understand just how much she means to me. My mom told her that "you are the daughter that Angie doesn't have". And every word of that is true. She doesn't understand that even though I don't buy her fake nails and color her hair and treat her like my own personal barbie/dress up doll, doesn't mean that I wouldn't drop everything I was doing if she called and said she needed me.

She doesn't understand that when people ask me if she's my daughter (cause we look that much alike) I feel bad for my sister!

My niece is under the impression that I don't care or that she can't come to me. Which she has no idea how much - how devistating that is to me.

I'm having a preminotion that my talk with her about running away and being a defiant snot is going to turn into a sob fest and I'm going to be the one apologizing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home