The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Aimee

I love this picture...




Okay...

Sigh, living in a county that has been declared a disaster area really blows. First, I think that every man, woman and child (of legal driving age) in South Florida have forgotten how to drive completely or at the very least, how to execute a proper four-way stop. To top it off, FEMA and their oh-so-helpful "Food For Florida" food stamp program for hurricane victims turned my 20 minute drive to work into a two and a half hour nightmare (2 days in a row). And do you know what really pisses me off about this food stamp program they've set up? Half the people that are applying for this program (and causing traffic hell across the whole TriCounty area) don't fucking need it, they just want to see if they can get something for free. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it, for the people that actually need it but a good majority of these people applying clearly don't.

Anyway...

I'm gonna have to have a talk with the mail man because I swear, if one more frog jumps out of my mailbox when I'm checking the mail I think I might go into cardiac arrest, I'm not afraid of frogs or anything but when something comes flying out of my mailbox at me, it tends to freak me out a bit. I blame him because he and I are the only two people that have keys to my mail box and I'm sure as shit not putting the slimy little fuckers in there. Hell, I'll just quit checking the damn mail all together if it happens again, there ain't ever anything in there but bills anyway and what fun are those?

One of these days, I need to get up off my lazy ass and go have my cell phone reconnected. I had my cell disconnected a few months ago because we couldn't afford two cell phone bills but my mom has been complaining lately that I'm harder to get ahold of than the President (who'd want to get ahold of him anyway? Shrug. Not me), which isn't true, not really. But alas, she insists that I never answer the bloody phone and judging from my call back rate, I must never check my messages, which again, is not true, I do so check my messages but if she calls me up and says, "Hey Aim, it's me, I'm heading out to blah, blah, and just wanted to see what you were up to. I'll talk to ya later." then why would I call her back? She said she'd talk to me later, didn't she? Sheesh, between her and Christie, I get such a bad rep. Anyhow, I suppose it's time for a trip to Metro PCS.

Speaking of calls, I got the weirdest one earlier today. This guy that my company contracts to repair pump motors called up...

Me: Good afternoon, [company name].

Him: Aimee, you have such a soft, sweet, beautiful voice.

Me: Oh, umm, thanks.

Him: I should take you to the islands.

Me: Hmm. Well, what can I do for ya [his name]?

Cathy said that he probably wants to take me to the islands and make me his "phone sex" queen. LMAO. He'd be a mite disappointed cause that's something I've never been any good at.

Oh well, that's all for me folks, I'm out. Have a fabulous Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home