The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Aimee

I'm tired, slightly worn and definitely starting to fray around the edges. I could seriously use a nap and I'm figuring that if I bothered to sleep at night, I wouldn't feel half as bad as I do right now. It could also be the fact that my infusion is two weeks late because of the hurricane and I haven't been able to reschedule it yet so I'm pretty much just running on fumes at the moment.

Anyway, Christie got to come home from the hospital last night but the chemo treatment they gave her before they released her was making her miserable and it really bothered me that there was nothing I could do to help her feel better. I tried but in this case, it was beyond me, you know? I know that emotionally, it'll be some time before she recovers but God, I hope tonight is a better night for her physically because it hurts me to watch her suffer.

On a happy note, Cameron got smiley faces for both "work" and "behavior" on his first two days back in school.

Well, that's it because I just used the only positive thing I can think of in the above sentence. I hope you all have a good one.

P.S. Thaly-Ann... Thank you for the song, sweetheart. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet but as soon as I do, I'll let you know what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home