The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Aimee

I have decided that Christie is grounded from the computer. Grounded, I say. I don't know what the hell she did to my computer last night (and of course, she wasn't home so I could ask her) but I finally just had to unplug the damn thing and restart it to get it to work right. And then to make me loathe and detest the bloody things, my computer at work was giving me hell this morning but it's all better now.

Speaking of Christie... the woman baffles me. Seriously, I just don't get her sometimes. Especially lately. She's smart, fun, funny and gorgeous, she could easily have anyone she wants, she gets offers right and left, front and back but yet, she insists on harboring some weird obsession she calls "love" for Dave. What is it with this guy? I have tried, honestly I have, to find one thing, just one bloody thing about the man that makes him so appealing to her and I can't do it. But yet it's "Dave, Dave, Dave"... I'm so sick of hearing his name, I could scream. And to make me detest him further, Christie got pregnant and from the beginning there were problems, she started bleeding and having horrible pains, there were numerous trips to the emergency room, she was admitted twice, had to have a DNC where they discovered that it was an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy and the OB/GYN didn't want to remove her fallopian tube unless he absolutely had to because she's so young so she had to go through a chemo therapy treatment in effort to kill the pregnancy tissue in the fallopian tube, since then (and that was the middle of last week) she's had to go to the lab for blood work twice so he could monitor her HCG levels and if they don't go down, he'll have to do the surgery anyway, she finds out for sure tomorrow.

Why does this make me further detest him? Well, because it takes two to create a child, I can't very well blame him for getting her pregnant, she knows what a condom is and she knows how to use it so that's on her. But I can blame him for not taking responsibility, for making her go through all this without him because he made nothing more than a half assed effort to be there for her, for telling her when she asked him if he loved her and he knew she needed reassurance, "No, not at this point", for (after a week of telling her how much he wanted this baby) breaking her heart and her spirit by insisting that if she wasn't miscarrying or it wasn't a tubal pregnancy he wanted her to have an abortion because he couldn't deal with it and for consistently continuing to try and get down her pants when he knew she was going through the worst kind of hell a woman can go through.

It's all of those things (and more) that make me detest him.

I know I'm being harsh and I also know that she'd be extremely hurt if she read this but for pity's sake, what is it going to take to make her see that the only thing he wants from her is what's between her legs? I don't know but I can't help her get past him because as much as she says she wants my help, she doesn't want to hear it, you know? Oh well, enough of that.

As for me...


I'm as fine as fine can be. Kickin' back, relaxing... Alright, not exactly but I'm okay, just going with the flow.

P.S. Thanks Jason, for briefly discussing Cameron with me the other night and I'm busy, busy, busy compiling my list of questions about ADHD for you. Again, thank you for offering to help. You're fantabulous.

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 17, 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thanks, Jeff ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home