The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Angie

As I was telling Aimee in the email I just sent her back, no she's not the only one who's had these moments.

For instance, I was going throught some old pictures looking for an older picture and I happen across a picture of me wearing my ex-boyfriend's (of course he was my bf at the time) practice football jersey. My mom had taken the pictures cause I sent him a copy of them while he was away at basic traning after we graduated high-school.

I also know that in that same memory box are the black satin heels I wore to our junior prom. Now I have no intention of ever wearing those high heels again, but I feel the need to keep them, even twelve years later.

So no Aimee, you're not the only one that holds onto things that mean something. Even if they don't mean as much now, I'm sure we all hold onto things because they're memories of a time in our lives. A memory of what someone meant to us then, even if the feelings have faded.

Hopefully you can look back on the things you have kept and smile.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 29, 04:54:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, baby. *KISS*.

I just e-mailed you back and explained what happened but I'll confess, I snickered when I read what you thought happened because typically that'd be exactly how it went down, but (*frown*) it was my fault this time (damn me).

And you know, I don't know if I'm more upset at myself for saving it in the first place or for accidentally erasing it, though I think it's the latter. Irregardless, it's gone now and that's that, I guess.

Love ya!!!
Aimee

 
At Wed Nov 30, 02:20:00 AM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

Angie

I have to agree with you. I hardly ever throw anything away.

Since 1990, I have buried three people (my age) who were very close to me and I am glad that I was what some people call a "sentimental fool" back then, because now I still have those things to cherish their memory with.

I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I do know WHO holds tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home