The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, February 17, 2006

TGIF

With the huge lapse in my infusions from November to January, and having to take over-the-counter pre-meds with my last one, I'd forgotten just how powerful that shit they push through my IV is. Good God, it knocked me flat on my ass, and I was down for the count shortly after 7:00 last night. If I got up again after that, it's a blur.

And because I was out like a light, I missed CSI and Without a Trace, were they good ones? Come to think of it, I missed House on Tuesday too. Sigh. It's been a bad week for TV in my world.

Switching subjects completely, if I could, I'd trek my ass up to Minnesota with a big, thick, warm and comfy blanket in hand, and snuggle up with my Angie. It's a mite cold in her corner of the world, and I wish I could help keep her warm and toasty (in a purely platonic way, of course). I miss you, Ang, and I love you most incredibly.

Well, it's Friday, I slept over 11 hours last night, and woke up with a pounding headache (too much sleep does that to me), Cameron is spending the night at Drew's, and I'll be all by my lonely, what ever will I do with myself? Hmm, I suppose I'll think of something.

And because maudlin is such an awful way to feel, for you, Evan...

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. ~ Flavia Weedn

When people we care about seem to fade from our lives, it's so very sad, but as long as we remember them and what it was they brought to our lives, they're never really gone completely.

Oh well, that's all for now. I hope you all have a pleasant Friday.

P.S. My dad paid my rent so Cameron and I won't be living out of my car somewhere. I'm all weepy now because he really can't afford to do this, but he loves us, and he wants to help. I'll probably never be able to repay his kindness, and he'd be pissed that I even feel the need to, but I can't help it. Thanks, daddy.

1 Comments:

At Fri Feb 17, 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't know about Without a Trace, but CSI was a re-run last night. And Tuesday's House wasn't one of the better episodes.

And I'm thankful for your dad being there for you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home