The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Burn (ones’s) bridges:

To do something which makes it impossible for one to return to their former situation or way of life, etc.; to cause permanent damage in your relationships.

A bridge has been burnt tonight, and right now, I have no desire to rebuild it, I don’t think I ever will. And I know that my harsh stance and refusal to bend is hurting my mom, and for that I am truly sorry, but I can’t bend, not this time. And I can’t forgive, not this.

And you know the part that hurts the most is, I want to hate her for this, but even now, knowing that she doesn’t give a fuck about me or my son or what’s going to happen to us because of what she’s done, I can’t. But I can’t forgive her either, so where do I go from here? I just don’t know.

P.S. It seems fitting that we're under a Freeze Watch until Tuesday, and they're predicting bumping that to a Freeze Warning, and a Frost Advisory. Fun.

1 Comments:

At Mon Feb 13, 08:20:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

You've piqued my curosity and I must know what she has done this time!!

Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home