The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, February 04, 2006

More useless babbling (my favorite thing)...

Did you all know that Hershey's has these sinful kisses with a cherry cordial cream filling for Valentine's Day? God, they are so yummy. It's a good thing that they're "for a limited time only" because I can't seem to keep my hands off them (the funky looking strawberry kisses are good too, btw). And I have to tell you, I went a tad nuts in the candy aisle, and now there is entirely too much of it lying around here. And God help me, I bought Snickers. Snickers. Mmm. What the hell was I thinking?

Candy aside, it's been a miserable day weatherwise here in sunny South Florida. Honestly, I don't believe the sun has made so much as a peep today. And all this rain is icky. We (me and my dad) tried to take Cameron out earlier because he's wanting to learn how to ride his bike, and we were only out there for about 20 minutes when the skies opened up. And it's been pouring ever since. You'll probably be able to go for a nice leisurely canoe ride in the parking lot shortly if it doesn't let up.

Anyhow, I'm stuck on babysitting detail again, and had to cancel my Saturday night thing with Drew. I don't believe he's very happy about it, and quite frankly, I wasn't either. I typically don't mind watching Sarah, she's a sweetheart, and I love her to pieces, but Christie knows that I go out with Drew every Saturday night, and apparently she doesn't care. If the situation were reversed and I expected her to cancel something she had planned because I had no one to watch Cameron, she'd balk, bitch, and most likely go ahead and keep her plans. But if I tried that shit, she'd try to make me feel guilty for not wanting to change my plans to help her out. And to make sure I couldn't say "no", she waited until noon today to "ask" me knowing full well that she had to leave here by 1 pm, and had no one else to watch her. Nice, huh?

Oh well, such is life.

Anyway, here's some pictures of my Cameron trying to ride his bike before all the rain came in...



2 Comments:

At Sun Feb 05, 08:44:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Very cute pic of the kid on the bike. Heck I remember my gramps helping me to learn to ride( in Central Park).
I've been missing him a bit of late but was glad for all the time I had with him.

and mmm chocolate. I was very bad this week. I found a bag of assorted candies at work and just grabbed a handful. Another co worker mentioned the HUGE look of joy on my face as I ate a bitesized milky way. I told her of my diet and that this is the first time I've eaten chocolate in I don't know when( though I have been grazing on nuts at times). So I can understand a little choco brightening your day.

And I hate users. Because I'd prolly end up doing the same nice thing you are with Christie... which is sorta of a shame. Get her to watch My name is Earl- maybe she'll learn about Karma. Don't have any real words of advice about that situation. I know I've gotten rough edges as I've gotten older but I know I'd cave because the 'favor' would be not for the annoying twit friend but for their poor kid- who you babysat.

 
At Sun Feb 05, 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE those cherry Hershey kisses. They were such the perfect addition to your gift, love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home