The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sleepless in S. Florida (Sigh)

Hence the senseless rambling about inconsequential shit to follow...

Ugh, if I don't do something about these nightmares that have been plaguing Cameron (and waking me up at a minimum of three times a night for the last 3 nights), we're both gonna be in trouble. Last night (or rather this morning), it was 3:00 am, 4:45 am, and somewhere around 6:00 am. And God, I'm tired. I'm back to feeling like the walking dead. I hate that.

But that whole miserably tired, walking dead feeling aside, I'm in an unusually good mood today. I don't have any idea why, but that's okay, I'm just gonna roll with it because it's become a rare thing around here lately.

Work was work. But Nicky was here today, and that was cool. I love that kid, he's awesome! And it's slightly weird because he's almost nine years old, and I started babysitting him back when he was just a smidge over one. Time flies, and I'm getting old. But it was fun, he got a new cell phone last night, and he was playing me all the different ring tones he has to choose from to see if I liked the one that he picked. I did, it was the coolest one. Way cooler than any of mine.

And I realized today, that I can be a tad bitchy at times (probably why my guys lovingly hung that framed "Attitude" picture in my office).

W, my warehouse guy, came in here earlier, sat down across from me and proceeded to stare adoringly at me. He does this often, and it gets annoying, so I Iooked at him pointedly and said, "Yes?"

To which he replied, "You look wonderful today, like a ray of sunshine. You're in a good mood, I can tell just looking at you, you're glowing, you..."

I put up my hand to stop him, and said, "Cut the shit. What do you want?"

Nice, huh? I'm thinking maybe I should work a bit on my people skills.

Anyway, Drew called me today to ask if he could borrow $10 for lunch, and as we were hanging up, he said, "I guess I'll talk to you later, if you ever actually call." Now, wait a minute, I just called the man yesterday, and sure, the conversation lasted less than 5 minutes, but hey, I called. It's his turn.

Speaking of people asking to borrow money, that wonderful person solely responsible for the financial mess I was in called me at work yesterday just as I was about to walk out the door, and asked me if I'd mind stopping at Publix on my way home to pick her up a 12 pack of Corona, she ended the conversation by saying, "I'll pay you back". So what I'm wondering is, did she really expect me to say, "Sure thing, sweetness, you can just add that to the nine hundred twenty three dollars and change you already owe me. No problem". Not fucking likely. And God, doesn't she have some brass balls? Incredible.

And that's it. I'm going to plant my ass in front of the TV tonight, and do absoluetly nothing productive. I can't wait.

Have a good one.

1 Comments:

At Sun Feb 05, 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Yeah- one of my best friends USED to have a slogan " what have you done for me LATELY" I always felt he added the lately because he was in the minus coluom with all of his friends, so it wasn't have you been nice to him but have you been nice to him recently?

I haven't loaned him money in ages or really treated him to food- though sometimes I let him try a bit of mine or pay for a portion of my take out if he wants to share it. I know he was into one of his customers( he runs the game store) for over $100 at one point but I didn't get involved in that. I just know I'd give a customer a REALLY good discount if I owed him money
;-)

So her asking you for beer is just her way of showing that she's an idiot. Sorta like my older brother- He doesn't mean to prove every time I see him that he's a selfish pig, he just does it with every word and deed.
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home