The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Aimee

I haven't felt much like writing (or doing anything else for that matter) for days, and it sucks because it was such an inopportune time for me to get myself into a funk as I had a deadline to meet on something I was writing for someone else. But it all worked out, it's done, and that's that.

Anyway, my checking account is thankfully back in the positive, but all the fees, plus having to personally cover the two bad checks (in the amount of $811.74) written to me seriously ate through a good portion of my income tax check (bye-bye vacation fund cause chances of me recouping it all are slim. Ah well, I didn't really need a vacation, did I?). And although the person who put me in this position currently owes me $923.74, I'm not going to breathe easy until the money actually graces my palm. I realize that probably sounds awful, but I don't care because the reality for me is, living modestly is difficult most of the time. Hell, without my bonus, Christmas this year would've been nothing for no one, and other holidays, birthdays, etc. are only possible because I save in advance or I use gift certificates and other monetary gifts that were given to me for them (which when she found out, pissed Cathy off because she used to give me gift certificates to Target for Christmas and my birthday until she found out that I rarely use them for myself, so this year she gave me gift certificates to Barnes & Noble and told me she better not find out that I'm out buying books for everyone else. LOL). And honestly, I just can't afford to pay for someone else's irresponsibilty, and I shouldn't have to.

And while I'm thinking about the irresponsible ass who fucked me over, I mentioned in my last post that she betrayed my tust, but I didn't explain how, and I'm not going to now, not fully anyway. Instead, I'll give you the short version... My mom, while being very open-minded about some things, is very close-minded about others. Some of her beliefs are quite antiquated, and because I know that, there was something that I'd been reluctant to completely share with her. And because I don't have anyone in my physical life that I can talk to other than this person (and my dad, who'd never break my trust), she knew how I felt. Anyhow, to some extent my mom knew what was going on because I'd (very) vaguely told her, but defintely not in the in-your-face "look what your sainted Aimee is up to behind your back" way that this person did. To my mothers credit, she handled it much better than I would've expected because, knowing this person, I can pretty much guess what was said, and how it was said (and since my mom didn't give me a play-by-play, just the basics, all I can do is guess). And I should mention, the reason this person broke my trust was because she did something that really upset my mother, and she was trying to draw the negative attention away from herself, but it didn't work because we're perfectly okay, my mom and I .

Hmm, what else? Ah yes, my Explorer. Let's see, the drivers side rear quarter panel needs to be replaced (and as the appraiser informed me, painted, which I pretty much guessed as he said it needs replaced) because it was dented and scratched all to hell, the rear tail light needs replaced because it was busted out, and because he said something about repressed plastic being irrepairable, the back bumper needs replaced because it was scratched all to hell too. He said once I get the go ahead from Allstate, I'll be without it for two day (*sniffle*). Oh well, at least they're going to provide me with a rental.

That's it really as I haven't been doing much more than moping since Friday.

But on a happy note, to cheer me up my mom, bless her heart, bought me J.D. Robb's new book yesterday because she knows I can't afford it right now. Isn't she great?

And I hope you all have a pleasant day.

2 Comments:

At Wed Feb 01, 02:26:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make her pay in cash from here out

 
At Wed Feb 01, 04:15:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

TOM!! Hello, stranger! How've you been? I'll defintely swing your way and see what you've been up to. And thans!

Evan, my love, I will. I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home