The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Aimee

Alright, I’ll tell you all what I’m NOT going to do...

I’m not going to dwell on the fact that the rent check cleared yesterday (and cross your fingers that the bank doesn’t return it, please God) and now my checking account is at this very moment overdrawn by $377 and change (which with all those "insufficient funds" charges yet to clear will just continue to grow before Monday when I can go to the bank and try to fix it) because someone decided to write me not one, but two checks they fucking knew were going to bounce.

Nor am I going to dwell on the fact that I had to pay H&R Block $233 to express file our taxes this morning in order for me to get a same-day check so that I CAN go to the bank on Monday, and fix the mess my account is currently in.

I’m also choosing not to dwell on the fact that: (a) I had to swallow my pride, and ask Drew to help try and dig me out of this mess someone else has gotten me into (he couldn’t help as he doesn’t get paid until next Friday, but I’m thankful that he dragged his ass out with me this morning so we could express file our taxes, without which I’d be fucked eight ways to Sunday), and (b) I had to ask my mother to fill up my gas tank because I was sitting on "E" as well as buy a birthday present for Cameron’s girlfriends birthday party tomorrow because I don’t have ANY fucking money thanks to the aforementioned person.

And lastly, I am absolutely not going to dwell on the fact that even though I only bring home $365 a week, and get little to no help from anyone with paying the bills, I have managed to NOT bounce a check or in any way overdraw my account since Drew moved out in October.

But if this person EVER pulls this shit again, and puts me in the position that their irresponsible actions have put me in right now, all bets are off. I’m a fairly nice person, and I try my best to understand when someone is having a rough time, but really, there is only so much I can take before I just can’t take anymore.

And I have to tell you, right now, I’m just about there with this person.

And the really fucked up part (the part that hurts) about this is, it didn’t have to be this way. If they would’ve just told me, we could’ve worked it out together. But they didn’t tell me, and now I’m paying for their fuck up.

EDITED @ 1:05 AM 1/29/06: It added serious insult to injury when I found out that aside from fucking my finances all to bloody hell, and basically putting me in a rather precarious position, the aforementioned person (who Angie basically outed, LOL) also broke my trust by telling my mother something that I specifically asked her not to. My mother, bless her heart, handled it much better than I thought she would, but I should've been the one to tell her. And now I'm not sure what hurts worse, that they did all the above shit or that they broke my trust? I don't know? I guess the only thing I do know right now is that you live, learn and trust next to no one.

4 Comments:

At Sat Jan 28, 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Please oh please tell me that your beloved sister isn't the one that has done this to you?

And why in the pit of my stomach do I believe that it is?

Ang

 
At Sat Jan 28, 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Bingo, my sweet. Bing-fucking-o.

SIGH.

But hey, I love you, so it's all okay.

xoxo
Aimee

 
At Mon Jan 30, 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh for the love of god if you don't give her what she's got coming, which is a HUGE, GIGANTIC can of whoop ass, I sure as hell will.
Please, please tell me that you chewed her a new ass for the crap she's put you through in the last week alone?
Aimee, I love you to death, but stop being a doormat! Don't let her pull this shit on you over and over again!!
You've been supportive, not to mention way too sensitive to her needs and completely neglecting your own. And you need to do something about it.
How long did it take you to get things right with Drew? Do you want this shit with your sister to drag on that long too?
Hun, I'm not being mean and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but damnit you don't deserve to put up with this shit from her day after fucking day. She's a grown woman and needs to be held accountable for her actions and how they directly affect the people around her.
Oh, and I'd tell her that she owes you for any overdraft fees you incur because of her inability to handle her financies.
I'll be more than happy to "tell" her for you if you'd like. I think I can find her email in one of the forwards you sent me? But of course I wouldn't say boo to her unless you let me. That would be overstepping just a tad.

Remember: No one will stand up for you but you.

 
At Mon Jan 30, 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh Ang, if I wasn't already in love with you...

And I know that you care sweetheart, and since I'm sitting smack in the middle of the shit storm I can only imagine what it feels like to sit on the outside, and watch, but I promise that I am sincerely trying to grow a backbone, it's just very hard for me to stand up against someone I love no matter how unhappy they make me or how much they hurt me.

But I promise you that I did chew her ass out for this one. Although she's so self-absorbed I don't believe that it did any good because as I told you earlier, she tried to flip it on me last night.

And as much as I'd love to let you give her a piece of your mind, I'd rather you not because the only one who'll pay for it if you do is me. And I can't deal with anymore shit right now, especially from her.

Btw, thank you for chatting with me earlier, I needed it, and you always have this fantastic way of lifting the weight.

I love you,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home