The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, February 06, 2006

So much for a nice relaxing Sunday...

God, it's wicked cold today. And I have this bad habit of not dressing properly, and therefore I usually freeze my ass off. Today it's my feet, they're like little blocks of ice and my mom would be majorly pissed at me because I promised her I'd put my flip flops away until after Winter. But I hate sneakers, hate hate hate them. Though I will admit that I'm wishing I didn't hate them quite so much this morning.

Well because of some crazy mix up with my mom, I had Sarah for pretty much the whole day on Sunday too. Apparently my mom was supposed to drive back from Okeechobee and swing by to pick up Sarah from the house around 1:00 pm so Christie could leave for work, but she called my cell around 11:00 am, and said that she was delayed, and needed me to watch her until she got back into town. I was slightly annoyed because Sunday is Cameron's day with Drew, and because I cancelled our Saturday night date, I told him that I'd hang with the two of them Sunday. I was supposed to pick him up at 11:30, but since I now had to watch Sarah, and Christie had yet to emerge from her room, that 11:30 thing wasn't going to work. And I'll admit, I didn't even call Drew to tell him we were running behind or that we had an added guest because I didn't want to endure another lecture about my sisters blatant misuse of me.

Anyhow, it all worked out in the end. We had lunch at Denny's, and then headed off to Walmart (my least favorite place in the whole world) to see if we could get Cameron an easier bike for him to learn on than the one he has. And while there, Sarah conned me into buying her this silly little stuffed monkey wearing a big white ribbon with red hearts all over it. Sigh. If she weren't so darn cute saying no would be so easy, but alas, she is too cute for her own good or mine anyhow.

After the new bike was bought, and the silly stuffed monkey was lovingly clutched in the crook of Sarah's arm, we headed back to my house so Cameron could try out his new bike. And I snapped this picture of Sarah with my cell phone while we were outside...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I know the quality of the pictures I post suck, but that's because I take them on my cell phone. If I could ever remember exactly what Jeff told me I need to do to get my digital camera to work with my computer, I'd post better quality pictures. I'll have to ask him again because for the life of me, I can't remember what he said.

My mom finally picked up Sarah around 5:00 pm, and after my dad got to the house, he agreed to watch Cameron so I headed back to Drew's with him, and we ordered a pizza and watched Flight Plan since we didn't get to do it Saturday night as planned. After I left Drew's (around 11 or so) I swung by my mom's and picked up Sarah because Christie was working the late shift.

And that's it really, my weeked was full of messy, rowdy, misbehaving children, but it's okay cause I happen to adore children (even when they're hellbent on driving me up a wall). You know, back when I was young and naive, I wanted six of the little monsters, but Drew's absolute refusal to have more than one, and me coming to my senses nipped that want fairly quick.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day, mine's just peachy so far.

P.S. For reasons I can't pin down, I've been really into Faith Hill lately? Shrug. I dunno? Anyway, I'm feeling this song today. It's pretty.

Let's Make Love -- Faith Hill with Tim McGraw

Baby I've been drifting away
Dreaming all day
Of holidng you
Touching you
The only thing I want to do
Is be with you
As close to you
As I can be

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I want to feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes up
Let's make love
Oh, baby

Do you know what you do to me
Everything inside of me
Is wanting you
And needing you
I'm so in love with you
Look in my eyes
Let's get lost tonight
In each other

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I want to feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes up
Let's make love

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I want to feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes
Oh, until the sun comes up
Let's make love

Oh baby, let's make love
All night long
All night long
Let's make love

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 06, 08:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee !!!

How are you sweetie? I didn't give you some news since a longtime and I'm sorry about that. I have been busy since the last few months. But I want you to know that I read your blog each week :) I went to Boston three weeks ago and it was great ! I will probably go to Detroit for the second time this summer. Who knows ? Maybe I will also have the chance to visit Florida in the end of the year. If it's the case, it could be great to meet you ;) A friend of mine went to Miami during the Christmas vacations and he asked me if I wanted to go with him, but I refused because I wanted to be with my family for Christmas. Even if it was cool at my mom's, I must admit I have some regrets about Florida... because I know this trip would have been fun too, you know..

I'm still at the university and I'm writing my thesis. I write many articles too and it gives me the chance to be published in some books and magazines.

You know, I feel lonely too sometimes because many friends of mine don't live in Sherbrooke anymore... They have finished their studies and they working now in other cities. And I'm still single... unfortunately ! :P So I would like to keep in touch with you because you are an amazing girl and we both have the passion of writing and reading !

About writing, it could be cool to update our fic, if you're still interested ;) But if you don't, I will understand. I really liked to share this story with you ! Our characters are great and touching ! Give me some news about it....

I have to go but I don't want to finish this message without saying that I missed you a lot ! And if you're alone sometimes during the weekends, don't hesitate to write me ! It's always a pleasure to read you !

Lots of kisses for you xxxxxxxx...

Thaly :)

P.S. : Hey, I miss the sex scenes of our fic, lol ! :)

 
At Tue Feb 07, 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Why hello there, Thaly! It's good to hear from you, sweetheart! And there's no need to apologize as you haven't heard from me either.

I am okay, just chugging along as best I can, you know? Lots of changes in my life, some not so great, but most for the better.

I'm happy you had fun in Boston (*smile*), and it would've been cool if you'd made it to Florida, but I have faith that you will someday. And then we'll definitely have lunch or something.

Congats on all your accomplishments, Thaly. I know I've said it before, but I am so extremely proud of you. I sincerely am.

Yes, I know what it's like to be lonely, and it's certainly no fun. I can't promise to be the best e-mail friend, but I'll certainly do my best to keep in better touch with you. I'm sorry that you're still single, sweetness, but as I've told you before, you're a beautiful woman inside and out, and you'll find someone when the time is right.

As for our fic, I don't know? I don't know about any of them really. We'll see. I'm not writing too much of anything right now in the fanfiction department, and I just can't find the inspiration to jump back in. But maybe one of these days some inspiration will hit.

I've missed you too, Thaly. And I'll write you soon.

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home