The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, October 27, 2006

Que Lindo.


You know, sometimes he can be so incredibly sweet (and it's not always while he's sleeping, every once in a while he manages it while he's awake--LOL).

NOTE: I'm just going to edit this post as opposed to creating a new once cause I'm rather enjoying this picture of my Cameron in a rare angelic moment. And perhaps you've noticed that I changed the template quite drastically (that'll teach Angie to leave me alone for a few days--LOL, just kidding, cupcake), it might take me a bit to get used to it, I'm going to be thrown off stride by the absence of black for a bit I suspect, but it's alright as I had a reason for changing it and hell, sometimes a bit of change is a good thing.

Anyhow, I really think my mom's done gone and lost her mind. You see, every morning her and I traipse downstairs and tip toe through the living room/dining room on our way to the kitchen, we're always quiet as a mouse because my papaw and my dad sleep down there, if we need to talk to each other, we whisper (very quietly). Well, rewind to this morning--I'd just dragged my ass out of bed, a bit later than usual, and as I was groggily trying to locate my pajamas so I wouldn't have to go downstairs buck-ass naked my mom came tip toeing in (quiet as a mouse) and proceeded to try and carry on a conversation with me in a soft, practically inaudible whisper, in my own bloody bedroom. So I said...

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Talking."

"No. No you're not. You're whispering. Why?"

She looked a bit confused for a second there, but she shrugged and said, "You know, I have absolutely no idea."

She'll be alright, I know she will. LOL.

Speaking of my mom, her and Christie are two of the most baffling individuals I know. Seriously. For reasons that elude me (though they've been explained to me on more than one occasion), they're getting an apartment together. They've been looking for a week or two now and I think they may have found one, but that's not really the point. What is the point is this odd little set of "rules" they've set up for living together. Like, for instance, if Christie meets a guy or is dating someone (etc.) while they're living together, she is not allowed to bring him home for the night because as my mom put it, "I'm really not interested in hearing her get it on with someone." And from what I understand, the same goes for my mom. Now, is that not the most ludicrous thing you've ever heard? I mean, they're adults for fucks sake! If one (or both) of them meets someone and feels the urge to bring that someone back home for a roll (or whatever) they should absolutely be able to do so. But, meh, maybe that's just me. There are other odd "rules", but that was the one that gave me the most pause, I just didn't get it.

Anyway, it's Friday and I can not tell you how happy I am about that, this week has been dreadfully long. Tonight we're supposed to take Cameron to this Haunted Boardwalk at a little park not far from my house and when we get back, it's project time. I bought Cameron this little foam haunted house set that you put together and decorate and he's been biting at the bit to do it since I brought it home, so that's what we'll be up to tonight. Other than that, I have absolutely no plans for this weekend and I don't really foresee any coming about, which is oddly okay with me cause I've been abnormally tired this week.

That's all. I hope everyone has a super-fantastic weekend. And I'll leave you with lyrics to the song I can't seem to get out of my head today.

"Over My Head (Cable Car)"

I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a queue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Let's rearrange
I wish you were a stranger I could disengage
Just say that we agree and then never change
Soften a bit until we all just get along
But that's disregard
Find another friend and you discard
As you lose the argument in a cable car
Hanging above as the canyon comes between

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

And suddenly I become a part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and its effortless
Without a sound we lose sight of the ground
In the throw around
Never thought that you wanted to bring it down
I won't let it go down till we torch it ourselves

And everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Everyone knows
She's on your mind
Everyone knows I'm in over my head
I'm in over my head
I'm in over...

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

The Fray

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 27, 02:42:00 AM, Blogger nina said...

I can see that Halo perfectly cleat!
Love to you both,
nina

 
At Fri Oct 27, 02:43:00 AM, Blogger nina said...

ps, and I'm not kidding, take a closer look!
kisses,
nina

 
At Fri Oct 27, 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... Cameron looks like a lil' angel! And I'm happy it's Friday too! I worked a lot this week and it will be great to do other things than work.

I'll give you some news about your gift soon. As soon as I will send it, I will tell you ;) Be sure of it!

Thanks again for everything sweetheart xxx

Have a nice weekend!

Thaly-Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home