The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, November 27, 2006

Aimee--Know what?

I just got an e-mail from someone informing me that my answer to question #60 in the post below is incorrect, so, because he insists that he has one, there apparently is indeed someone out there who has a crush on me. Isn't that just the sweetest? LOL. And because I mentioned my dream of being a writer in question #13, he suggested a "penname" and though I already have one, I rather liked it! So thanks for making me smile not once but twice!

Have I ever mentioned that there are some people with whom I work that I'd really like to inflict with bodily harm? No? Well, there are. I was checking the messages this morning (of which there were entirely too many) and already saved from last Tuesday was a message from Dr. Cox asking me to please call her office, she was needing to talk to me and she can't reach me at home because she doesn't have that number in my file. Seeing as it was saved but never actually delivered I didn't get to call her back until today. That agitates me, but since I know exactly who did it, we'll be talking about it later.

Because my nurse canceled on me last Tuesday, I have to have my infusion tonight and I'm really not looking forward to it. I hate how the premed's make me feel and I'm probably going to miss "CSI: Miami", but that's better than "House", which I would've missed last week if she hadn't canceled, so I'll quit complaining now.

In other news, I'm currently crossing my fingers (and toes) that my checking account plays nice with me until after my check clears tomorrow or else that'll really (really) suck. You see, I had to have this check postmarked by Saturday in order to avoid late fees and blah, blah, blah, and if the US Postal Service is running anything like normal, it won't be a problem, but with my luck, this'll be the one time the mail is running super-speedy. Oh well, nothing I can do about it so there's no sense giving myself a tension headache worrying over it.

And yet another meme (I'm so annoying with these things--heh), this one via e-mail from Angie...

Holiday Questionnaire

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog (Mmm, yummy)!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them in bright, shiny, sparkly, childishly delightful paper, of course!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Color (lots and lots of color) on the tree and white outside (usually).

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I do. Cameron loves the silly stuff.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The Friday after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Potatoes Au Gratin.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I honestly can’t remember.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Can't remember that either!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, my mom has this tradition that started when she was a kid, she gets each of us a set of "Christmas" themed pajamas and we always open them on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With lots and lots of decorations, they're all different and mismatched (no themes), but it looks better that way!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Well, cause we don't get any--LOVE IT!!

12. Can you ice skate? Hell NO! I bust my ass every single time I even make an attempt at ice skating.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Cameron! He was due December 26th, but he got a bit impatient and decided to grace us with his presence on the 8th instead. I got to bring him home on December 18th, he was such a teeny tiny thing, but I can't think of a lovelier gift.

14. What's your favorite thing about the Holidays? The lights and the food and the smells (cookies baking and pine needles).

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Ugh, there are just TOO MANY to name one! I love snowball cookies and mint fudge and that chex mix caramel yumminess Angie sent me, oh, oh, and the chocolate buried cherry cookies she makes! Mmm. Yum. Good. All of it!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I honestly don't know? I love the whole thing so it's hard to say.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum.

21. Have you or someone you know ever drank too many Chocolate Martini's and ended up passing out before dinner was even served? No, I've never had a chocolate Martini at all, but rum and eggnog on the other hand...

22. Ever re-gifted something your grandma (or anyone for that matter) got you?? Um, nope. Can’t say that I have.

23. Have you ever thought of asking your priest to come to Christmas dinner to perform an exorcism on a family member? Not literally, perhaps figuratively. LOL.

24. Favorite bottle of wine (or anything) you choose to drink during the holidays due to it helps tolerate certain family members? I don't like wine. Ick. It's rum and eggnog for me!

25. Have you ever went door to door singing Christmas Carols? Yes, but it's been a long time.


And that's it really. I'm out of here in 45 for my rendezvous with Nicole (she'd be my nurse). I hope you're all having a positively pleasant Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home