The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Thursday!

Well, all I ended up getting last night was a good dose of frustration at the grocery store (don't you just hate when the person in front of you, whom you've never met in your life, wants to stand there and chat like you've known each other for years?) and a bit of joy (and pride, my friends) because sometimes America does indeed get it right. Oh goodness, I'm getting all misty again and trying really hard not to burst into the chorus of "Proud to be an American". Heh.

Anyway, tonight is appointment #2 with Cameron's psychologist and he's looking forward to it, which makes me happy. And apparently during their one on one time last week the doctor let Cameron start a drawing of Spiderman and told him he could work on it some more during the next session and he's really excited about that. I really like this doctors approach with Cameron and the fact that Cameron is comfortable with him (he's asked to speak with him twice since their last visit) gives me hope that things will start looking up for Cameron. But I know that only time will tell.

My mom is back from Louisiana so after Cameron's appointment we're swinging by her house for dinner. Since there was some mention of souvenirs, Cameron's looking forward to that too. My cousin Cyndi sent me some pics of when my mom and Christie were up there and it looks like they had a great time! And gods, my cousin Crystal has gone and grown up on me, sigh, I'm starting to feel terribly old!



Next Friday, after work, my mom and I are going up to the house in Okeechobee for the night so we can get up bright and early Saturday morning and head to Orlando. We're going to Epcot for our annual Mother's Day trip together. I can't wait! And because we're able to make the trip before the end of May, we won't miss the Flower & Garden Show! YAY! I'm so excited! My pal K doesn't understand why I get so excited over going to a place I've been to numerous times but, well, I'm a big kid at heart and who doesn't like going to Disney World (even if it isn't the Magic Kingdom, which happens to be my favorite park, btw)?

Anyhow, that's it. I hope you all have a perfectly pleasant Thursday.

2 Comments:

At Thu May 17, 05:21:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh, i miss Melinda soooo much

hmph.

nah, i miss you

 
At Thu May 17, 08:49:00 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

I miss you too, babe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home