The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, May 14, 2007

Meh.

Well, Mother's Day kinda blew for me but that's the breaks, what am I gonna do?

It started out alright, Cameron and I drove up to DD so I could get my beloved coffee and he, his bagel. When we got back he presented me with this awesome card he made and inside was this sweet little poem he wrote for me, it was beautiful (and the best part of the day, hands down). Around noon we did the whole get ready thing so we could go and pick up Drew for lunch. They, Cameron and Drew, took me to Smokey Bones for lunch, then we went to the Rag Shop to browse and Drew bought me a jewelry box and this cool looking prehistoric fish tank thing-a-ma-jig.

But, because my nurse canceled on Saturday, I had to cut the day short and head back home to meet my nurse for my infusion (fun). Drew asked me to drop him off at his house and he'd drive over later to spend some more time with us which, not surprisingly, left Cameron out of sorts so I had to deal with a weepy irrational child all the way home. Once home I called Drew and he reassured Cameron that he'd be over later. My nurse showed up later than she was supposed to and proceeded to use me as her own personal pin cushion (8 sticks before she hit gold).

After that it's all a blur, who knows, but I can tell you that when I finally surfaced somewhere around 2 in the morning Cameron was in bed asleep with the TV off but it wasn't Drew who put him there as he never did come back. Sigh. Not the best day really, but then again, not the worst.

Tonight we have to go to Borders because Cameron has to read a story he wrote that was chosen to represent his grade for the Writing Wizards Program. He's extremely nervous and terribly excited. Wish him luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home