The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cameron Will Always Be My #1.

The awards ceremony for the Math Superstars Program last night was very sweet. Cameron ranked #14 out 160 students in the 1st grade, I thought that was pretty cool, he, on the other hand, was miffed because he didn't make the "Top 3" and therefore only got a ribbon and certificate as opposed to a trophy and certificate. Kids, they're just never happy.

Tonight is Cameron's first appointment with the psychologist and I'm a tad nervous about it. Cameron isn't too fond of doctors in general (like mother like son) and he's less fond of talking about what's bothering him. When he's upset or bothered about something he tends to close up or shrug it off or, oddly, laugh--seriously, my Cameron laughs at the most inopportune moments. I explained all this to the doctor when I met with him last Friday and he told me it was fine and completely normal, a coping mechanism, but still, I'm nervous. I just want it to be done already so the frogs quit hopping around in my belly.

My mom, my sister and Sarah are leaving tonight for their trip to Louisiana. They're driving up to see my cousin Crystal graduate from high school. As fun as that particular road trip sounds, I'd bet the bank that my mom, Christie or both will want to kill the other by the time they head for home next Wednesday. Ah, to be a fly on the wall (or window--heh) for that one... Me, I'm just going to enjoy having a completely work-free and relaxing weekend while they're away. I think I might actually do some much needed house cleaning, my room could really use some work, it's all clutter-clutter-clutter and then I'm thinking I'll go ahead and finish that second story for Sasha that's due at the end of the month.

Ugh, I'm such a dunce! I just locked my keys for the bathroom IN the bathroom which leaves only the boys room (ick) open next time I have to tinkle and I couldn't possibly explain how unappealing that thought is. Shudder.

Let me tell you, I just don't get the weather around here sometimes. It's been hotter than the depths of hell the last month or so and then this morning, it was bordering on chilly and though it's now in the low 70's, it's still a bit nippy. Go figure. But, hey, at least it's not so hot and humid you feel like you're going to suffocate and that's a wonderful thing.

Well, that's it, I'm done. Have a lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home