The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, July 02, 2007

I got a sunburn this weekend!

It's so annoying! And, in a couple days, the peeling will start. Ugh.

Anyway, all in all, it was a pretty okay weekend. No movies, which was a bummer because I really wanted to see "Live Free or Die Hard" (have I ever mentioned that I'm a huge "Die Hard" fan?). But, movies aside, we all had a good time.

The memorial for Robins mother was this Saturday, since she insisted she didn't want any fuss when her time came, it was short--a moment of silence and the reading of a poem. After which, he commenced with his annual 4th of July celebration, in her honor, so there was a lot of food and fireworks.

Plus, there are two ATV's and one dirtbike so we (Christie, Sarah, Drew, Cameron and myself) did a whole lot of riding and a bit of racing too. Christie and I took control of the bigger ATV (she was driving) and challenged Drew and Cameron, who were on the dirtbike, to a friendly race. They won but it was a lot of fun. I took pictures but since I left my digital camera in Okeechobee I won't be sharing them with you just yet.

Family drama aside (of which there was plenty, especially considering the fact that the final divorce papers for my mom and Robin were delivered that morning--sigh), it was a perfectly pleasant day.

Drew came down with some kind of flu and woke up horridly sick on Sunday, he was burning up and achy and miserable so Cameron and I spent the day tending to him. I took him home last night so he wouldn't have to get up this morning when I left for work and he wasn't looking well, I hope he's feeling a bit better today.

And that's all really, it's Monday and back to work for me. I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home