The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Aimee's Entry

In life, people come and people go but every once in a while someone slips in and for no apparent reason, they touch your heart. Evan touched mine. His surgery was yesterday and though I remained positive, I couldn't completely stop the "what-if's" from creeping into my thoughts. What if something went wrong? What if there were complications? What if... What if... What if... When I care for someone, it goes deep and the not knowing whether he was okay or not was like a fist around my heart. There was an e-mail from his wife in my inbox this morning and the fear and relief that ran through me were like a double edged sword but I opened it and that fist around my heart loosened. He made it through.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."

-Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

4 Comments:

At Sun Jul 17, 05:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear that your friend made it through!

::hugs::

by the way, sorry for being such a stranger. everything has been up in the air with me lately and didn't mean to stop all contact with you.

 
At Mon Jul 18, 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Jason... Denise is posting updates on his personal blog. Next time I see you online, I'll point you in the right direction. :)

And I was happy too, I just about made myself sick worrying.

Raph... There you are!!! Ya know, telling stories about Cameron without you around is just no fun!!! I've missed you!!!

And thank you Evan's well wishes.

Xoxo to both of you,
Aimee

 
At Fri Jul 22, 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aimee, I made it home.

And you're wonderful, thank you.

Resting now.

 
At Fri Jul 22, 03:55:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Evan, baby, I'm SO happy you're home.

Thank you and you're welcome.

Rest well, my love.

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home