The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Aimee...

I took my Cameron to breakfast this morning and then we headed to Toys R Us and picked him up a Razor Scooter (he also got an Etch A Sketch, a Magna Doodle and a Batman coloring book, but I believe those pale in comparison to his new scooter). He’d been asking for one FOREVER and since I’ve been hanging onto these gift certificates he got for Christmas I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. Now my stress level will be up a couple notches because I just went and got him yet another thing he can fall off of and hurt himself, but I’ll deal with it because it made him happy, and he’s been a bit unhappy lately. We both have, but we’re feeling pretty alright today.

Anyway, my mom told me last night when she dropped off Cameron that we really need to get to work on getting this house in shape because there is only a couple weeks left until she’ll be starting to stay here 3 or 4 nights a week. I never mentioned that, did I? I’m afraid Cameron and I are going to have a FULL house for a while. My dad and my papaw are moving in within the next couple months (Christie is the only thing putting a damper on them starting to move their things in at the moment because 50% of her shit is still littering the place and there’s just no room until she finishes getting it out) and they’ll be permanent, but my mom is also going to be camping out upstairs on an air mattress in Cameron’s room 3 or 4 nights a week because her house in Okeechobee is finished so Robin has basically moved up there and left her here, and because of that she needs (or feels the need) to vacate the farm. She doesn’t have to, of course, but I think she feels a bit uncomfortable staying there with Robin’s brother by herself. It’s all cool with me, I just didn’t realize it’d be so soon. I need to get my ass moving.

Speaking of Christie, she still hasn’t paid the remaining $220.00 for February’s rent so I sent her a bit of a bitchy e-mail, and she finally responded. And after she did, we sent quite a few e-mails back and forth, and though we’re nowhere near being on friendly terms with each other, we’re being reasonable and somewhat nice with each other, and as pissed and hurt as I am with and by her, it makes it easier that we’re being reasonably nice. Oh, while I’m on the subject of Christie, she was in the ER all day on Thursday because she was vomiting blood, and after a bunch of tests they told her she has gastroenteritis, and because it was causing her to bleed internally, she’s been put on med’s and strict bed rest. My mom picked up Sarah from preschool that day and Miss Anne pulled my mom aside and had a talk with her about some fears she has concerning Sarah. It pisses me off because I’ve tried unsuccessfully to get Christie to do something about this, and for reasons I’m not at liberty to discuss, my hands are kind of tied at the moment so I there isn’t much that I can do. It’s so extremely frustrating and painful for me.

And my father-in-law is also in the hospital, I’m not sure exactly what’s wrong with him, but Niel (Drew’s brother) said it’s quite serious, they believe he has a tumor on his colon and they’ll be doing tests in the coming days to ascertain whether or not that is what the problem is. I called him a bit ago and it was so good to hear his voice, he’s very much in my thoughts, and I’d be most appreciative if you’d keep him in yours too.

And that’s all really, Cameron and I are going to head up to the store in a bit because he’s wanting a snack and I haven’t shopped yet this week and then as soon as my dad gets here, I’m off to do my Saturday thing with Drew.

I hope you’re all having a fantastic Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home