The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Aimee

So, I got a call about twenty to five this afternoon and after I hung up, I was desperately wanting (no, more like needing) to talk to somebody. I tried calling Angie, but we're in different time zones and I don't know, perhaps she was at work or something, but she didn't answer. I called Drew, but that was silly because I couldn't have talked to him about what was on my mind if I'd wanted to and he just succeeded in upsetting me further because he's gone and broken his wrist and refuses to see a doctor because they'd just end up putting him in a cast and telling him he can't ride his bike for an indeterminate amount of time, and apparently that is unacceptable. Sigh. By the time I hung up with Drew I was home and I tried talking to my dad, and that ended up being a mistake of distressing proportions. I love the man but he can be so outrageously insensitive sometimes and let me tell you, tonight took the cake. Needless to say, by the time I went upstairs I had a banging headache and I certainly didn't feel any better. I thought about calling my mom or Christie, but to what end, they're both going through their own shit right now and what I was needing was to talk not listen.

Anyway, the point of all this nonsensical rambling is, sometimes it kind of sucks not having someone to talk to when you're needing it.

5 Comments:

At Wed Nov 29, 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Drew said...

... but isn't that one of the points of having a blog?

Of having someplace to 'rage against the machine'?

to speak that which must be spoken?

To dream the impossible dream??

Sorry had to throw in the third ;-)

On an unrelated note... how do you have it so that the comments are dated? really like that... wish I could do that on my blog- so I know when you and evan actually reply to something.
( actually I wish that blogger like lj just sent me a note. that way I didn't have to look in on my blog save for when I *knew* there were comments there).

 
At Wed Nov 29, 10:45:00 PM, Blogger nina said...

You know you can call me angel, day or night, anytime.
Love you...
nina

 
At Thu Nov 30, 02:02:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto babe, regardless of my own stuff, I'm here (or try to be) when you need me

(and for the melodramatic doomsayers out there...I wasn't the call she got)

 
At Thu Nov 30, 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I'm so sorry Aimee! I didn't see that you called my cell or I would have answered!

What's going on ? You can call me at work today if you need to or tonight when I get home, you can call me there (my cell gets crappy reception in my house - go figure).

 
At Thu Nov 30, 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

You know you can write me anytime when you feel sad or when you need to talk to someone. I'm always in front of my computer working on my thesis so don't hesitate to write.

Hope you feel better xxx

Thaly-Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home