The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Poor Santa! And Cameron's birthday party too...


Aww, poor Santa! The man is just so terribly misunderstood. Heh.

So, today was my Cameron's birthday party (YAY), and despite all the sleepless nights and nail-biting moments of sheer terror I had over something going amiss (kids showing up that didn't RSVP, not enough favors, etc.), I'm pleased to say that it went positively perfect (whoo--wipes brow)!


Let's see, there was a big dose of skateboarding, scootering and a bit of rollerblading too while the adults chatted and snacked on a tasty fruit plate Drew had brought in as well as some chips and salsa, followed by some rather yummy pizza for the kids (adults too) and these incredible wings that Drew made (Mmm, so good) for the adults, then it was off to "Rocket Bungee" and "Rock Climbing" followed by a bit more skateboarding before the kiddies ran off to play a game of "Laser Tag" (Cameron's team won--YAY), then it was cake, more skateboarding, some arcade games and finally presents.


And the kid done good! Drew got him a kick ass new skateboard, Drew and I got him a skateboard deck designed and signed by Tony Hawk (it's a collectable, not to be ridden, hence the other skateboard from Drew), Tony Hawk's Project 8 for his PS2, Monster House on DVD and his beloved Monopoly game (he wants to play me tomorrow). My mom got him a pair of jeans and 3 new shirts. My dad got him a mess of comic books. Drew's parents got him 2 pairs of jeans. Christie and Sarah got him a pack of Tech Decks. Nicky got him Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam for his Gameboy. Jasmine (she's been his girlfriend since kindergarten) got him Hot Wheels Street Duel and a Turbo Glo Car. Kyle got him a "Skater" t-shirt and a Fly Wheel. Alex got him a DVD movie. Tahric and Jobari got him Hot Wheels Monster Jam Trucks. Needless to say, my monster is a very happy boy this night.


He had a super-fantastic time and, my neurosis aside, that's really all that matters! And there are no pictures to post because I forgot my memory card and seeing as my USB cable for my camera doesn't work, they're currently stuck inside my camera. Sigh. But, no matter, it was a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home