The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Try as I might...

I just can not seem to find my "happy place" lately. It's gone M.I.A., and it apparently has NO desire to be found, but no matter, I still managed to be a beacon of wondrously happy delight on this day, my sons birthday, but I love the little monster so it really wasn't all that hard.

I'd like to say my "happy place" pulled up stakes and went into hiding on Wednesday (I think it was Wednesday) when I got pissed off at Christie because I asked her to do something for me that I deemed important and she failed to show up (and make no mistake, I'm still pissed off about that), but honestly, I'm thinking it actually happened the Wednesday before when I got the call from my doctors office. Meh, whatever, doesn't really matter when, does it?

Speaking of doctors offices, I despise them, all of them, every-single-one, but especially those that consider themselves a "Practice", they're the worst. And it's not so much the doctors that make them suck, no, it's the whole idea that because this doctor is now a part of a "Practice", I have to jump through fucking hoops for even the slimmest of hopes that I'll actually get to talk to the man himself.

Anyhow, on the off chance you haven't picked up on it yet, I'm still a bit peeved with my doctors office. Particularly the lovely nurse who was kind enough to call me two Wednesdays ago, mainly because she has yet to call me back. Of course, I could've called her back, but really, why should I have to dick around with the stupid fucking voice mail system they have set up in that office? It's bad enough I had to leave a message the first time. Seriously, there are just some things that, for various reasons, require personal attention and you shouldn't have to leave a fucking voice mail message so they have time to pull your file and whatever else they need to do before they can actually talk to you.

Hmm, it appears I'm more peeved than I thought I was.

Sigh.

And because I'm choosing not to discuss it here (there are just some things that are too personal to blog about), and I don't want anyone to worry, I'll tell you that it wasn't anything life-threatening, there's nothing wrong with me (well, aside from what was already wrong with me). For the most part, I'm fine and dandy, peachy keen and all that good stuff--peeved, naturally, but in working order.

Oh, and not that anyone gives a rats ass, but my nails, which typically never grow, have been on some freakish growing streak and just when I was getting them to look pretty, I broke one. Damn it all to hell.

So, anyway, because it's my Cameron's birthday weekend and we have all kinds of fun things planned for him, I'm hoping it'll help push my "happy place" back to front and center where it belongs. Wish me luck and have a good weekend while you're at it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home