The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, December 04, 2006

Aimee

This is of absolutely no importance what-so-ever, but I really need to shave my legs, it's been a couple weeks and I imagine it doesn't look at all attractive, but it does fit quite nicely into the impromptu mode of faineancy I've suddenly developed.

Anyhow, I had a fairly nice weekend. Friday was nothing special, I picked up Drew from work and took him to the skate park before I headed home to enjoy a bit of that faineance I was speaking of.

Saturday, on the other hand, was good and there was barely an ounce of faineance to be had as I was busy, busy, busy shopping and cooking and baking. It was my mothers birthday and she was wanting a cake and some stuffed shells, so I made them for her. After dinner, cake and some harassment from Christie because I haven't come back for another round of board games since Thanksgiving (she's wanting another go at Monopoly and perhaps a bit of Scrabble, which sadly, I learned while I was with Evan, I'm not very good at, but if I can't beat Christie at a word game it'll be a sad, sad day in history), we three (my mom, Christie and I--we rented 'Monster House' for the kiddies and like angels (snort), they were watching it quietly in Sarah's room) settled down together in the living room and watched 'Poseidon' followed by 'Mission Impossible: 3'. Cruise haters will gasp, but I rather liked 'MI: 3', hell, I rather liked all of them, but I'm a big goof, so it should really come as no surprise.

Since Cameron fell asleep at my moms house Saturday night, I got to sleep in on Sunday and that was a lovely thing (faineance, faineance, faineance). My mom brought my monster home around 2:00 and after I roused myself enough to take a shower and get dressed, we, Cameron and I, headed for City Streets ('tis the skate park) where I watched Cameron do all kinds of awesome (and bone chillingly scary) tricks on his skate board until about 7:30 when I had to leave him with Brian so I could go pick up Drew from the convention center in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. We, Drew and I, didn't make it back to the skate park until just shy of 10:00 because we had to break down his display and what-not before we could head back, so, Drew and Cameron didn't get very much time together as I had to get Cameron home and in bed to try and prevent him from being a complete crab-ass this morning, which, I should mention, worked as he was fairly pleasant this morning.

In other news, I keep having this recurrent dream and I'm not complaining, the dream is yummy and good and yes, God, yes, but you see, it has my typically dormant ambitious streak taunting me as I'm now wanting to make it my mission to accomplish in reality what I accomplish in my dream. Only, for various reasons, none of which are easy to work around, it'd be damn near impossible to accomplish this yummy feat anywhere but in my dreams. It's somewhat frustrating, but my momma always said, "where there's a will there's a way" (and if she knew I was applying that to this she'd probably have a heart attack--LOL), so all hope is not lost, my friends, someday, I will do it.

And that's it really. Today, my least favorite day of the week, has actually started off on a good note and if fate is smiling, it'll stay that way (crossing fingers).

And just because...

Tequila Cookies

Cookie Ingredients:
1 Cup of butter
1 Tsp. baking soda
1 Cup of sugar
2-1/2 Cups flour
1 Tsp. salt
1 Cup of brown sugar
1 Tsp. lemon juice
4 Large eggs
1 Cup nuts
2 Cups of dried fruit
1 Bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer... Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar... Beat again.

At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup ... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor...

Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home